PDA

View Full Version : Data Connection Refused

snazzyfluffyllama
07-17-2008, 10:00 PM
I've had my Blackberry Pearl for a while, but yesterday discovered that my wall charger wouldn't work. I thought it was just the charger until my dad plugged his into it and it worked fine. I then tried my USB charger which worked fine but slow. I noticed at the top of my screen it read "Data connection refused..." and figured that must be the reason my wall charger wouldn't work.

I've tried reinserting the battery and SIM card, as well as going to the Host Routing Editor and registering like someone advised me to do.

Nothing has worked and I am trying to fix it before the weekend, when I will be away from a computer and not able to charge my phone. Any help or advice? :smile:

jeremyckitching
07-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Pearl 8100)

You might want to contact your wireless provider to ensure your account is still provisioned correctly.

JSanders
07-17-2008, 10:04 PM
It's happened to me a couple of times. Check the SIM again, and you can always ask ATT to swap the SIM for you if it persists. Mine did not, just a few minutes and it was gone.

Welcome to the Forums!

snazzyfluffyllama
07-17-2008, 10:07 PM
It's happened to me a couple of times. Check the SIM again, and you can always ask ATT to swap the SIM for you if it persists. Mine did not, just a few minutes and it was gone.

Welcome to the Forums!

Thanks! I'm not really sure what I'm doing but I'm trying hehe. I guess I'll just have to survive the weekend and contact them when I get back. I just don't understand why the wall charger won't work but the USB one will.:smile:

JSanders
07-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Calling them like ^^ suggested would be a good idea, make sure somehow your Data Plan has not "fallen off" your account.