PDA

View Full Version : Trusted source: Bold 3rd week of August

MBW
07-19-2008, 12:52 PM
I got this from a pal who buys a ton of cell phones for a very large company, which puts him in touch with insiders at all the carriers.

He told me that AT&T will be releasing the BlackBerry Bold 9000 in the third week of August, and possibly a couple of days earlier.

As a reporter, I can add the following to that:

RIM is silent on the subject, saying only it ships this summer; this is reasonable, since it is AT&T at this point, not RIM, with control over when it ships.

AT&T (their PR operations and their customer support operations) is silent on the subject; PR says only that they will be offering it but that there is no announcement of availability; customer service says that they don't know anything about it, but that's not unusual, their iPhone training was very last-minute, too.

I (as a reporter) and you (as individual buyers) don't have the contacts or the clout of a major buyer, and reports from such sources tend to be highly credible.

You may believe this or not, or the bloggers or not, but I for one sent word ahead to Zagg to be ready for a very fast turnaround on a new Invisible Shield - and I don't get my bold until a week or so after you guys can get one.

Blackberryer
07-19-2008, 05:50 PM
Whatever.

fractured
07-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Wirelessly posted

Whatever.

Oh, okay...at least I'm not the only one that feels that way.

DacyJ
07-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Wirelessly posted (By Super Blackberry)

After reading all these "Bold to be out this week of" threads I just want to know, are they planning on not saying anything on the release of this, like someone is going to walk into a store and see a Bold in the glass and think hey when did that come out? There will be commercials letting us know when its coming out until then we play the waiting game.

Battery
07-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Wirelessly posted (8100 X 1.1111111 = BOLD (soon))

I'm not losing interest in the bold, but I am losing interest in its release.

BBSwany
07-19-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm so done with the rumor mill. They just need to launch it already!

mfjp
07-20-2008, 12:42 AM
RIM's asia pacific sales manager said on a TV interview they will be releasing a new "smartphone" in mid august. I'm guessing he was referring to the Bold.

jimpilot
07-20-2008, 05:56 AM
Most of the rumors see to be ending up on the week of 18 Aug. (IMO)

I too am so frustrated by the wait. In fact I am going to.....................wait.

jibi
07-20-2008, 08:11 AM
I (as a reporter) and you (as individual buyers) don't have the contacts or the clout of a major buyer, and reports from such sources tend to be highly credible.That's a very bold (no pun intended) statement to make considering you really have no clue who posts on this website. It's not like a good majority of the Fortune 100 companies aren't represented here (granted, Wal-Mart is not much of a BlackBerry shop, although they are moving in that direction, but we'll exclude them for now).. and let's not mention the government agencies here as well.

To be honest, the tone of your post, which sounds like it was written by a pompous teenager rather than a condescending senior citizen, may not have lost you some credibility but definitely dissuaded anyone from really caring.

...and the 'last week of August or first week of September' timeframe for launch is not a new launch estimate. Given the iPhone was released in mid-July, the Bold was not going to launch anytime before mid-August. It doesn't take a genius to guess anytime after the third week of August for the launch. There's a three week window to choose from currently.

NJBlackBerry
07-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Met with the CIO of Wal-Mart a few weeks ago. Bugs in the calendar (ahem, anyone know about them) are holding up a huge deployment within Wal-Mart.

Back to the topic - good to know that the speculation continues. When I see one on my desk, I know it's been released.

greggebhardt
07-20-2008, 09:22 AM
At last we are getting the rumor from a "trusted source" LOL!

MBW
07-20-2008, 09:28 AM
That's a very bold (no pun intended) statement to make considering you really have no clue who posts on this website. It's not like a good majority of the Fortune 100 companies aren't represented here (granted, Wal-Mart is not much of a BlackBerry shop, although they are moving in that direction, but we'll exclude them for now).. and let's not mention the government agencies here as well.

To be honest, the tone of your post, which sounds like it was written by a pompous teenager rather than a condescending senior citizen, may not have lost you some credibility but definitely dissuaded anyone from really caring.

...and the 'last week of August or first week of September' timeframe for launch is not a new launch estimate. Given the iPhone was released in mid-July, the Bold was not going to launch anytime before mid-August. It doesn't take a genius to guess anytime after the third week of August for the launch. There's a three week window to choose from currently.

It's pretty presumptuous of you to assume or presume, let alone aver, that I have no idea who posts here. I do my homework and had already read thousands of posts here before I made any of my own.

And it displays a certain separation from some of the street realities of the segment to similarly presume that all large buyers are treated equally.

I am no longer a teenager but not quite yet a senior citizen, so those smears by you are both off-target; whether any given person regards me as pompous or condescending is a personal decision that does not need the support of libelous remarks from you, jibi.

What is true is that I am pragmetic, experienced, even veteran at interpreting the truth behind and the lies surrounding significant product introductions. I recognize and have (within these forums as elsewhere) identified the difference between rumor-mill, buzz, trusted and authoritative sources.

The sole "decider" (to borrow a Bush-ism) on the launch of the Bold in the US is AT&T. The hardware, firmware & software from RIM has already passed muster at other carriers in other geographies. Manufacturing has already begun.

What you do not account for in your petty snipes is the fabric of inside information that reaches people in my role, and the complicated set of rules that govern my ability to incorporate it in what I report (and this forum is not a primary venue for my reporting). In short, I am allowed to share such information only when I learn it from sources well apart from the originator.

So briefings I get off the record remain off the record, secrets I'm told remain secret and I don't break the rules of any NDA I ever sign.

When - as happened this time - I get credible information (and not running contrary to what I hear elsewhere is one small component of credibility) from a trusted source, I gain an opening to share what I learn from that source.

Self-aggrandizement has zero role in my motivations; I don't believe you can say the same for yours.

But if the forum at large wishes me to no longer share what I learn from the investigations I do as part of my "day job", please say so and I'll be happy to comply.

Shaun
07-20-2008, 09:32 AM
I got this from a pal who buys a ton of cell phones for a very large company, which puts him in touch with insiders at all the carriers.

He told me that AT&T will be releasing the BlackBerry Bold 9000 in the third week of August, and possibly a couple of days earlier.

From a sales stand point... If a "buyer of large quantities of phones" approaches a sales oriented company, wouldn't that company feel the need to tell them whatever they want to hear? And wouldn't this reduce the credibility of your "source"?

MBW
07-20-2008, 09:42 AM
From a sales stand point... If a "buyer of large quantities of phones" approaches a sales oriented company, wouldn't that company feel the need to tell them whatever they want to hear? And wouldn't this reduce the credibility of your "source"?

For a first-time buyer of no major significance to the seller, maybe.

But in this case, if the seller (AT&T) doesn't manage to deliver pretty much as promised, it's a big enough risk that it may effect earnings, which makes any lies a literal Federal case.

btaylor1
07-20-2008, 11:41 AM
mbw, thanks for sharing your info. while i am not that sophisiticated i share the other folks' skepticism but not any desire for you or anyone else who thinks he or she has new info to share. i'll keep fingers xxed it turns out to be good info. regards, bt

b00st3d
07-23-2008, 06:41 PM
i work for a fortune 100 company (in fact we are in the top 20) and i post on here, so shove it! we also already have pre-release bold units in use within our company.

btaylor1
07-23-2008, 06:51 PM
bummer. rereading my post i see it came out backwards. i'm fine with you or anyone else sharing any new info (whether or not it turns out to be solid). sorry i didn't proof better and it sorta sounded like i was ragging on you too. sh[rug]

stevenmz
07-23-2008, 07:48 PM

As a reporter, I can add the following to that:

RIM is silent on the subject, saying only it ships this summer; this is reasonable, since it is AT&T at this point, not RIM, with control over when it ships.

AT&T (their PR operations and their customer support operations) is silent on the subject; PR says only that they will be offering it but that there is no announcement of availability; customer service says that they don't know anything about it, but that's not unusual, their iPhone training was very last-minute, too.

I (as a reporter) and you (as individual buyers) don't have the contacts or the clout of a major buyer, and reports from such sources tend to be highly credible.

You may believe this or not, or the bloggers or not, but I for one sent word ahead to Zagg to be ready for a very fast turnaround on a new Invisible Shield - and I don't get my bold until a week or so after you guys can get one.

Is that you Clark?

TroyDBrown
07-23-2008, 08:06 PM
I have from an untrused source that the Bold will ship by Q1 of 2009. ;-)

DacyJ
07-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Wirelessly posted (By Super Blackberry)

Kate Hudson has one so bam!

MBW
07-23-2008, 08:54 PM
i work for a fortune 100 company (in fact we are in the top 20) and i post on here, so shove it! we also already have pre-release bold units in use within our company.

Shove it right back - I used to be an exec at a Fortune 100 company - this isn't about beta units.

If you don't want my info, skip the thread, nobody's forcing you to read it.

If you think nobody in the world knows more than you because your company is a big user site, enjoy your belief.

My job is based on skepticism, not trust. It's a job where almost everybody lies to us almost all the time, though some of them don't know they're lying (they pass on lies told to them by others because they're not savvy enough to doubt or question them).

You have enough issues (evidenced by your need to try to state your superiority here) without having to decide if my source is any more authoritative than any other.

SKip the thread - your world won't collapse.

harryzuluberries
07-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the laugh guys! The peeing matches in this thread are a riot!!

To mr/mrs reporter.....meh, you come off a bit condescending but it wouldn't be the first time in a place where there's a large gathering of techno-geeks, gadget junkies, nerds and self-proclaimed hardware/software aficionados that I've witnessed condescension....or been a part of the same (unfortunately).

Thanks again....carry on. Lol.

stranger
07-23-2008, 10:12 PM
My job is based on skepticism, not trust. It's a job where almost everybody lies to us almost all the time, though some of them don't know they're lying (they pass on lies told to them by others because they're not savvy enough to doubt or question them).

You're a politician?

Cory Scheuer
07-23-2008, 10:41 PM
num num num, eating my popcorn, yummy

JSanders
07-23-2008, 10:51 PM
MBW... b00st3d,

what are y'all waiting for, pull it out and prove who's bigger.

Man, that is what this sounds like.

Pass the popcorn, Cory, please.

DacyJ
07-23-2008, 10:56 PM
num num num, eating my popcorn, yummy

Kettle corn or regular?

matrixixix
07-23-2008, 11:05 PM
I met Jeff Hardy.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/matrixixix/100_5436.jpg

Cory Scheuer
07-23-2008, 11:10 PM
regular, with extra butter and a little bit of white cheddar on top :) yummmmmyy

TroyDBrown
07-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Chad ? ?

Horizon Wireless
07-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Chad ? ?

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH @<hidden> Troy. Where CC when u need him??

DacyJ
07-23-2008, 11:35 PM
That's a crazy beard he has going on there.

DacyJ
07-23-2008, 11:35 PM
regular, with extra butter and a little bit of white cheddar on top :) yummmmmyy

Decent.

greggebhardt
07-24-2008, 05:25 AM
I met Jeff Hardy.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/matrixixix/100_5436.jpg

Forget the bold, lets talk ugly!

raynicolini
07-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Rogers Wireless is going to announce on Friday July 25 the BOLD should be available as early as friday/saturday

jenz
07-24-2008, 09:11 AM
hi raynicolini how are you so sure?

JSanders
07-24-2008, 09:16 AM
It's been rumored for weeks that 7/25 would the date.

jenz
07-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Right I'm aware of the rumors but just wondering if ray is just echoing the rumor or got something lately that made him/her more confident of tomorrow.

plakius
07-24-2008, 02:43 PM
But why does John Mayer have one :( ... No fair ... He probably doesn't even sync it.... let alone use all of it's features .... He probably still calls 411 instead of texting "CHACHA"

raynicolini
07-25-2008, 09:12 AM
it will be tomorrow, then on saturday they will say tomorrrow, on sunday they will say tomorrow. All we can do is wait and continue using our old edge BB until we actually see stock on the Rogers store. now lets al get back to work.

JSanders
07-25-2008, 09:24 AM
No, it will be Tuesday, July 29th.

New Bold Release Dates—not July 25! | BlackBerryNews.com (http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/07/25/new-bold-release-dates%e2%80%94not-july-25/)

raynicolini
07-25-2008, 09:27 AM
this is the best news i heard today, lefts hopes its true

sroetter
07-25-2008, 09:27 AM
I will try to purchase the Bold from Rogers next week if I can. I don't want to wait until September on ATT. I noticed that the Blackberrys on the Rogers website are not available for purchase on-line. Will I be able to purchase one and have it shipped to the US?? Is there a telephone number to call and order one??

Thanks in advance.

ricpac
07-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Thank you Mod JSanders!!!

You rock and I'm back! :razz:

ricpac
07-25-2008, 10:08 AM
I will try to purchase the Bold from Rogers next week if I can. I don't want to wait until September on ATT. I noticed that the Blackberrys on the Rogers website are not available for purchase on-line. Will I be able to purchase one and have it shipped to the US?? Is there a telephone number to call and order one??

Thanks in advance.

We need FRIENDS!!! :cry:

b00st3d
07-26-2008, 09:39 AM

Shove it right back - I used to be an exec at a Fortune 100 company - this isn't about beta units.

i was just proving you wrong, so as i said earlier...shove it!

Cory Scheuer
07-26-2008, 10:20 AM
The only way you will be able to get a device from rogers is if you get someone to go to the store and buy it for you and then ship it to you. Other then that you will not be able to call in to order the phone as customer service will not ship you and cannot ship you a phone without an account

MBW
07-26-2008, 12:29 PM

It will be the third week of August, not you, that will prove my source - and you - to be right or wrong.

I accurately cited a source - you may or may not choose to believe the information, but there was absolutely nothing wrong about what I said.

Enjoy your life as best you can, because each day when you awaken and stare into the mirror, the person you face is the person you're continually cursed to be. Since I cannot wish any greater curse upon you, it satisfies me to wish you well.

btaylor1
07-26-2008, 01:33 PM
YouTube - Why can't we all just get along! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=BC0gV8Sa-7w)

greggebhardt
07-26-2008, 02:24 PM
I am betting on September for AT&T. If not maybe we can have it by Christmas?

btaylor1
07-26-2008, 02:40 PM
good caution ... no year stated!

JSanders
07-26-2008, 02:44 PM

Enjoy your life as best you can, because each day when you awaken and stare into the mirror, the person you face is the person you're continually cursed to be. Since I cannot wish any greater curse upon you, it satisfies me to wish you well.

Both of you cool it towards each each other, put each other on ignore, just be civil, and/or be finding another forum that will take your bravado.

raynicolini
07-26-2008, 03:09 PM
at least tuesday is only 3 days away

b00st3d
07-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Both of you cool it towards each each other, put each other on ignore, just be civil, and/or be finding another forum that will take your bravado.

im sorry if you thought that i wasnt being civil because i told the guy to shove it. as i stated, i was just proving him wrong when he said that fortune 100 companies do not post on blackberryforums.com! im actually taking his posts lightly, but it appears he isnt.

JSanders
07-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Taking this lightly is a good course.

And dropping it is as well. I agree.

bigbda1
07-26-2008, 05:45 PM
How do all of the people in the entertainment industry get the BB Bolds before any of us mere mortals and working stiffs? Is thier money greener than ours? What gives?
I realize that it's done to create interest in the product, but don't we all have enough already?
RELEASE THE BOLD AT&T! Let's get on with it!!!!!!

mzcourtney
07-26-2008, 05:48 PM
YouTube - Why can't we all just get along! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=BC0gV8Sa-7w)

lol that was a funny video

greggebhardt
07-27-2008, 07:12 AM
How do all of the people in the entertainment industry get the BB Bolds before any of us mere mortals and working stiffs? Is thier money greener than ours? What gives?
I realize that it's done to create interest in the product, but don't we all have enough already?
RELEASE THE BOLD AT&T! Let's get on with it!!!!!!

I know some will not agree with me but I think that RIM really dropped the ball with the Bold. They need to stop resting on their past laurels and accelerate the introduction of hardware. Allowing the iPhone2 to take alot of their sales was a mistake.

From what Bloomberg said, RIM DOES realize that they need to do better in the past and will be pouring more into advertising and R&D to catch up! Do not get me wrong as I stand firmly behind RIM but alot of people were forced into a big purchase mistake due to not having anything to compete with the iphone2. <vbg>

Dawgfan
08-01-2008, 03:36 PM
I bet you can add months to your "trusted" info.

Dawgfan
08-01-2008, 03:38 PM
I may or may not have played with a Bold and I may or may not be keeping the iPhone around when it does finally come out.

;-)

fkjr2
08-01-2008, 03:46 PM
I hope your right, my curve is getting tired....

genetix
08-01-2008, 11:17 PM
It's being released here in Australia August 20th.. I'll have to get it though my carrier, Optus, on a 24mth contract.. $10/mth for the handset on a $79/mth blackberry plan.. can't wait, it makes my Pearl look so insignificant..

Thought this was interesting too mobigasmic.blogspot.com/2008/06/blackberry-bold-vs-iphone-3g.html

Blackberryer
08-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Now that I've returned my iPhone, I'm hoping the OP was right. Somehow, I doubt it.

Stupid AT&T/RIM/Apple/Chile/whoever is responsible for no Bold in the U.S. as of yet. :(

naszero
08-07-2008, 06:24 PM
I know most think the Bold is either being delayed on RIM's end or the carriers. I came up with a theory. I was watching TV and saw a commercial for the opening ceromonies of the Olympics. I work in law enforcement and I know that there will be numerous CEO's attending the games. I thought it was too coincidental that the new release dates for the Bold are pretty close to the end of the Olympic Games.

stranger
08-07-2008, 06:27 PM
I know most think the Bold is either being delayed on RIM's end or the carriers. I came up with a theory. I was watching TV and saw a commercial for the opening ceromonies of the Olympics. I work in law enforcement and I know that there will be numerous CEO's attending the games. I thought it was too coincidental that the new release dates for the Bold are pretty close to the end of the Olympic Games.

wow, umm...thats quite theory.

bigwillokc
08-07-2008, 06:42 PM

I don't get it. What's the theory? You think they are going to get mugged for a $600 phone at an event where people are paying $2000 per ticket?

hcheun
08-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Take it with a barrel full of Salt... but my rep said Aug. 15th timeframe. I just hope anytime within now and before the end of august we all have this phone in our hands =) ...

whsbuss
08-07-2008, 07:00 PM
More info from ATT insider (take it for what it's worth) - Bold will be released 9/2 or 9/3

raynicolini
08-07-2008, 07:38 PM
I just received a call and he confirmed that Rogers Wireless will be selling the Blackberry BOLD on August 19, This is A FIRM DATE

popiz
08-07-2008, 07:57 PM
of course....

mortys11
08-07-2008, 08:21 PM
i am lining up the night before at my local rogers store!

Cory Scheuer
08-07-2008, 08:41 PM
i also was told the same thing today by my contact... aug 19th

mortys11
08-07-2008, 08:51 PM
i called it a week ago here and CB forums !!!!

Blackberryer
08-07-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm happy for your Canadian folks. I want to reciprocate the favor and let you be happy for those of us in the United States.

I'm currently playing with a Nokia E71 and it's a really good device, but damn does it prove just how awesome RIM phones are. I need a Bold. Period.

stranger
08-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Wow. just keeps getting pushed back and back
i'm sad

CrazyMac
08-07-2008, 09:46 PM
i also was told the same thing today by my contact... aug 19th

Several of the site I watch that sell the unlocked devices have changed their dates to Aug 19th also but one of the sites has changed the date 3 times in that many days. I have purchased the device on a pre-order (which I hope was not a mistake) and now I am just watching all the dates change. It will be here when it arrives.

torberry
08-07-2008, 10:22 PM
I just received a call and he confirmed that Rogers Wireless will be selling the Blackberry BOLD on August 19, This is A FIRM DATE

Ray,

Your ability to provide accurate information on this topic is quite suspect. You have misinformed multiple times in the past and thus you can appreciate why we'd be skeptical about your source of information this time around.

In any event, thank you for attempting to provide some clarity to this matter.

meniac
08-07-2008, 11:25 PM
ok, for those of you that heard Aug. 19th, is that when they'll be available in the stores or be online and then stores at a later date?

OzzieDog
08-08-2008, 12:26 AM
So when is AT&T in the USA getting the Bold? Is it still sometime in September of what year?

greggebhardt
08-08-2008, 05:47 AM
BBForums needs to start a LOTTERY! Guess the date and win one get out of jail card!

raynicolini
08-12-2008, 01:21 PM
ok, for those of you that heard Aug. 19th, is that when they'll be available in the stores or be online and then stores at a later date?

they will be in store on the 19th ready for sale.

jrmtl
08-12-2008, 01:43 PM
It's hard to get mentally ready with all these "credible dates" being thrown around. Why can't Rogers just announce 5 days before like any other gadget release.

torberry
08-12-2008, 02:14 PM
they will be in store on the 19th ready for sale.

Ray,

It appears that your credibility is suspect. Numerous times you have come on here and posted false information (perhaps not intentionally) regarding the release dates. All this does is serve to disappoint and frustrate many of RIM's/Roger's loyal customer base through no fault of their own. It actually damages their reputation because it makes them appear unreliable when if fact it is you that is spreading false rumors.

I propose that Ray be banned until the device is release and then immediately reinstated.

Anyone else agree?

btaylor1
08-12-2008, 02:18 PM
nope. assuming he's not credible and/or wrong, i would not support banning/banishment. just one guy's opinion. regards, bt

meniac
08-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Banning someone for their personal opinion sounds kinda silly. Isn't the whole point of a forum so people can give their 2 cents? It's your choice if you want to believe it or not.

stranger
08-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Ray,

It appears that your credibility is suspect. Numerous times you have come on here and posted false information (perhaps not intentionally) regarding the release dates. All this does is serve to disappoint and frustrate many of RIM's/Roger's loyal customer base through no fault of their own. It actually damages their reputation because it makes them appear unreliable when if fact it is you that is spreading false rumors.

I propose that Ray be banned until the device is release and then immediately reinstated.

Anyone else agree?

I think you should be banned for posting non sense. He posts the information he knows just like anyone with insider sources or someone who just talked to a Rogers or RIM rep. Its not his fault if dates get pushed back or information changes. Damn it people s*** happens Ray and Cory aren't Ted Rogers' best friend they aren't always going to have exact dates because things change that they can't control. You becoming so dependent on them is your own fault, take their info with a grain of salt. You people just come on here and bash Ray and cory like it was them personally who pushed back the dates on the Bold when it obviously isn't. Give them a break. Ban yourself if you don't want to read it. Don't you think it frustrates Cory and ray as well they want the device to be released as well. You believe what you want. I'm sure no one else will agree.

jsconyers
08-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Ray,

Anyone else agree?

I really hope you are kidding. Banning someone for giving out information they thought may be helpful to others is ridiculous. Like Stranger stated, dates get pushed back. Ray as well as Cory were trying to add to the community by stating info they found valuable at the time. Things change, thus is life. It is not like they come here, picked a random date and posted it just to get your hopes up. Give it a rest. It is all rumors and hearsay at this point anyhow.

torberry
08-12-2008, 03:12 PM
I really hope you are kidding. Banning someone for giving out information they thought may be helpful to others is ridiculous. Like Stranger stated, dates get pushed back. Ray as well as Cory were trying to add to the community by stating info they found valuable at the time. Things change, thus is life. It is not like they come here, picked a random date and posted it just to get your hopes up. Give it a rest. It is all rumors and hearsay at this point anyhow.

I think Cory should also be banned until the device is released. He also pollutes the forum with baseless gossip.

jsconyers
08-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Well, maybe you should plead your case with the mods. I really think banning individuals based on your bogus reasons is uncalled for. That's just my opinion.

Outrigger
08-12-2008, 03:47 PM
I think Cory should also be banned until the device is released. He also pollutes the forum with baseless gossip.

I think you need to be banned for being stupid enough for beliving every single date being thrown out there as well as for trolling.

btaylor1
08-12-2008, 03:52 PM
YouTube - The Soul Banisher (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7nVzBGrgng)

CO_BBTechie
08-12-2008, 03:52 PM
I think you need to be banned for being stupid enough...

Getting personal and hurling insults WILL get you banned. Predictions or assumptions that turn out to be inaccurate WILL NOT, nor should they.

TroyDBrown
08-12-2008, 04:08 PM
I am sticking with my story! It will be realeased between August 12, 2008 at 14:08 and December 31, 2008 by 23:59

JSanders
08-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Everyone take a deep breath and laugh a little... please.

stranger
08-12-2008, 04:53 PM

You must be the only person in the forum that has someone behind them with a gun to their head telling them to read every post by ray and cory and live and die by what they say.

don't worry Jsanders i have been laughing.

Fatboy40
08-12-2008, 06:03 PM
I was told a couple of days ago by my account manager at O2 (UK) that they'll have the Bold on the 8th September 2008, no idea yet what the price will be though...

juwaack68
08-12-2008, 06:04 PM
My iPhone should be here any day.

raynicolini
08-12-2008, 07:30 PM
I will remain a bystander until Tuesday August 19th, if the BOLD arrives then we can all be happy, if it does not arrive then you can all say "I told you so"

7 days to prove that I am wrong.

mortys11
08-12-2008, 07:39 PM
ok

i hear Sept 12 now....

also the accessories date on bb site are now Sept 10th

raynicolini
08-12-2008, 07:45 PM
over seas the Bold is already released, and they to have to wait until Sept 10 to shop on the blackberry website. so that really does not mean much.

juwaack68
08-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Is this like a football pool? Put me down for Sept 14th.

flushbob
08-12-2008, 07:54 PM
3rd week of august is coming up here in a couple days....lol....we are about to find out if this sucker is just what he sounds like...another sucker. LOL

raynicolini
08-12-2008, 07:59 PM
to all new members, august 19 date is the release date for Rogers Wireless, not AT&T, sorry "flushbob"

flushbob
08-12-2008, 08:37 PM
i really hope it is! :)

flushbob
08-12-2008, 08:38 PM
that was sarcasm btw.
man i hope AT&T gets this thing before i become a senior citizen. all this waiting is putting unnecessary stress in my life....starting to get grey hair.

stranger
08-12-2008, 09:35 PM
that was sarcasm btw.
man i hope AT&T gets this thing before i become a senior citizen. all this waiting is putting unnecessary stress in my life....starting to get grey hair.

It is just a phone.

djmarcox
08-12-2008, 11:11 PM
as far as accessories go.. I already bought the skins for the bold and an extra battery and back cover... I have them already... the back cover is plastic with the leather like material on it which we all know already.. it seems cool.. and the size doesnt seem to be much bigger than my curve.. Im all ready now all I need is the bold..

MBW
08-13-2008, 09:36 AM
3rd week of august is coming up here in a couple days....lol....we are about to find out if this sucker is just what he sounds like...another sucker. LOL

I guess English isn't your first language.

I'm a reporter. I reported what I was told by a trusted source in a position to get the information.

Whether or not his source was accurate, he gave me what information he had, and I reported it here honestly and accurately.

Your sucker play was inappropriate and I hope you're not so juvenile that you'll hesitate to apologize for it.

jrmtl
08-13-2008, 09:43 AM
I guess English isn't your first language.

I'm a reporter. I reported what I was told by a trusted source in a position to get the information.

Whether or not his source was accurate, he gave me what information he had, and I reported it here honestly and accurately.

Your sucker play was inappropriate and I hope you're not so juvenile that you'll hesitate to apologize for it.

OK kids you're both in a timeout :smile:

juwaack68
08-13-2008, 10:59 AM
No kidding. I'm about to hand out timeouts.

Here, go look at this while you both put each other on ignore:

EXCLUSIVE: Rogers Bold Launch Kit! | BlackBerryNews.com (http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/08/13/exclusive-rogers-bold-launch-kit/)

raynicolini
08-13-2008, 12:17 PM
wow is that the Launch Kit for the september 12 release, or are they getting ready for NEXT WEEKS RELEASE

juwaack68
08-13-2008, 12:21 PM
wow is that the Launch Kit for the september 12 release, or are they getting ready for NEXT WEEKS RELEASE

STOP IT.

Now. Or I will stop it for you.

NJBlackBerry
08-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Don't get him mad - he'll do it.

juwaack68
08-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Absofreakinlutely.

NJBlackBerry
08-13-2008, 12:28 PM
And if he doesn't I WILL

Stop the bickering people. Now.

stranger
08-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Everybody Love Everybody

Johnny909
08-13-2008, 02:01 PM
No kidding. I'm about to hand out timeouts.

Here, go look at this while you both put each other on ignore:

EXCLUSIVE: Rogers Bold Launch Kit! | BlackBerryNews.com (http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/08/13/exclusive-rogers-bold-launch-kit/)

I do really like that big bold one. That is the one I want for my backpack holster. Go Hogs Go.

rambo47
08-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Imagine what the vibrate setting would be like! I would love to whip that out of my backpack at Starbucks and start reading my email. "Excuse me while I whip this out..."

InnerGeek
08-13-2008, 02:48 PM
It is just a phone.

It's not just a phone, it is a life altering device. I read somewhere that it not only cooks you breakfast but makes your bed when you are in the shower. Sorry, could not resist.

mortys11
08-13-2008, 06:48 PM
i am just reporting what i heard from a corp contact...i hope iam wrong, just like others have been wrong here...

i also posted long ago, that launch was Aug 15 and in stores on 19th....long ago

08-06-2008, 12:34 PM

Rogers Release date for 9000 Bold
Views: 20,860
Posted By mortys11

launch on the 15th of August (from rogers retail guy)

lets cross our fingers...lets see if they change the available dates on the accessories section on blackberry website tomorrow!

raynicolini
08-13-2008, 07:09 PM
I wish we are all wrong and that it come earlier

CrazyMac
08-13-2008, 10:32 PM
The retailer that I have pre-order from was changing the expected date almost daily for awhile but seems at least for now they are keeping the Aug 19th date. Of course, they are getting theirs from either Rogers or ATT. There must be a lot of bucks involved in allow only one or two carriers to release the device first, otherwise RIM would be really cutting their profits since I am sure they could have released the device weeks ago. I am not sure about Rogers but ATT just released the iPhone 3g and I would assume that it is not wise business to rollout two new devices at the same time.

raynicolini
08-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Has anyone heard any news yet:bb:

greggebhardt
08-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Has anyone heard any news yet:bb:

You mean the news about the ATT Hard date for the August 20th?

sagard73
08-14-2008, 12:21 PM
You mean the news about the ATT Hard date for the August 20th?

Is that real news greg, or are you pulling his leg? If you are just joking, dont joke like that!

Shaun
08-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Is that real news greg, or are you pulling his leg? If you are just joking, dont joke like that!

Greg would never joke, he's all business all the time.

Belly_Dancah
08-14-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm getting impatient and really need a new phone! My Blackjack keys are stickin' and makin it hard to type! *day dreams of bold*:oops:

raynicolini
08-14-2008, 03:24 PM
TORONTO (AP) — The new BlackBerry model should be coming to North America within a month now that Research In Motion Ltd. has started selling it in Germany and Chile.

The BlackBerry Bold is a high-end BlackBerry that has twice the screen resolution of current models made by RIM. The Bold, or 9000, matches the resolution, but not the size, of the screen on Apple Inc.'s iPhone, which has emerged as a potent competitor in the smart-phone category.

AT&T Inc. says it will be the exclusive U.S. carrier for the Bold, as it is for the iPhone. An AT&T spokesman declined to say Thursday when the company will release it.

But Peter Misek, an analyst with Canaccord Adams, said he expects AT&T to start selling it on Sept. 15 and Rogers Communications in Canada to release it on Aug. 18.

Some stores in Canada have already unveiled a store model and fliers.

Genuity Capital Markets analyst Deepak Chopra also expects it will be released in the United States in mid-September.

RIM has begun to roll out the BlackBerry Bold in some markets through partnerships with wireless carriers there. RIM unveiled the Bold in Chile on July 22 and in Germany on Aug. 6.

RIM had no comment about specific plans in North America.

Misek said the Bold will cost about $200 in the United States depending on the contract.