PDA

View Full Version : IM text through AIM not working -- help?

imnotoriginal
07-20-2008, 01:43 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm with T-Mobile and I just graduated from the Sidekick III to the Curve (8300 model). I love it! But I noticed that when I'm signed on to my AIM account on my computer, I'm no longer able to send myself IM texts to my phone from my screen name. I used to be able to do this all the time (IM myself links, reminders, etc. to my phone from my computer) and now it keeps claiming my phone is "offline" and refusing to send the texts.

I know this might seem like a strange issue but a couple friends and I use this feature quite a lot. My best friend especially, who lives out of state, likes to wake up, sign onto AIM on her computer, and IM text spam me while I'm still asleep since we live in different time zones. None of my friends who previously liked to text me from their screen names can send IM texts to my phone anymore. This wasn't an issue until I switched from the Sidekick to the Curve. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've already registered and re-registered my phone with AIM mobile about half a dozen times and that didn't seem to help.

Thanks so much! :-)