PDA

View Full Version : huge problem with "radio" turning off

a1b2c3d4
07-20-2008, 04:34 PM
today is like the 5th time i've had this happen.

i noticed it had been a few hours since i received a single phone call or message, which is very out of the ordinary for me. i didn't think too much of it but by about 5-6 hrs, i knew something was up. i attempted to make a phone call and received the message that the radio was off, would i like to turn it on? UGH. this is the 5th time this has happened and now whatever messages may have been sent to me are lost in space.. along with all my missed calls. first and foremost, is there anyway to retrieve them? secondly, WHY is this happening, and how can i stop it from happening? my radio icon is not even on my home screen, so it couldn't be an accidental clicking of it.

d_fisher
07-20-2008, 07:39 PM
If the battery power gets too low it will automatically turn off the radio. Make sure that you keep the battery charged to avoid this problem.

John Clark
07-20-2008, 07:45 PM
The radio turning off on it's own has been a problem in a lot of builds. Sometimes removing the battery to reboot the device will help.

GinBerry
07-30-2008, 08:13 AM
This happens to me all the time. I have to go into the Network Services and restart the Network. I thought it was a buggy phone and made them switch it but it kept happening with a brand new unit.

BBHorrigan
07-30-2008, 12:18 PM
I had a simliar problem, once I reloaded the OS on the device it seemed to have fixed the problem