PDA

View Full Version : Billing Rip Off

mcdod
07-21-2008, 10:52 AM
has anyone received any help from their carriers with regard to minimizing the tons of spam that come through on thier blackberries...even with filters on email servers set on high? I can't imagine that happening these folks would lose millions.
This is quite the cash grab for these carriers, every piece of spam that comes through, they charge you for it. This is a bogus License to print money.
After 6 calls to my provider, nobody has offered me any ideas as to how I can remedy this. My data usage is through the roof and so is my bill.

Anyone...thoughts??
Signed feeling ripped off by blackberry

murpheous
07-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Wirelessly posted (8310)

What email service are you using? Bes or bis?

takeshi
07-21-2008, 04:37 PM
has anyone received any help from their carriers with regard to minimizing the tons of spam that come through on thier blackberries...even with filters on email servers set on high? I can't imagine that happening these folks would lose millions.
First of all, we have unlimited data plans in the US. I know that's not relevant to your situation but it's certainly not a "rip off" for all of us.

Second, if your spam filters aren't working then you need to replace them. I don't see why your carrier should be responsible for spam unless they also happen to run/manage your mail server.

I have MXlogic's Defender service on my BES account and I don't receive any spam. Check out the alternatives.

kjjb0204
07-21-2008, 08:05 PM
I don't get ANY spam on any of my personal or BES accounts on my blackberry. MXlogic on company servers blocks it all, rarely stops a valid message.

Dubdub
07-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Are you perhaps using the carrier supplied email address? That one is definitely unfiltered with no SPAM protection from RIM or the carrier.