PDA

View Full Version : Sync Problems with Desktop Mgr and BB 8320 with Ver 4.5.0.52

Baldhills
07-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Hi I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me.

I'm on T-Mobile BB 8320 running software ver 4.5.0.52 and Blackberry desktop manager ver 4.5.

Everything worked fine until yesterday when I tried to hook up to Desktop manager and sync my phone with Outlook 2007. (I had synced in the past with no problems with this configuration). My phone will only sync if I disable the address book portion of the sync. If I try and sync the address book I get the following error msg with intellisync: "Unable to read application data"

I have done the following to try and get it to sync:
1. Make sure all address entry in my phone and Outlook have data in the first or last name.

2. I have reset the configuration in BB desktop mgr.

3. I have performed a hard boot.

4. I have deleted the folder : c:\Document and setting\user name\Application Data\Research In Motion\, and restarted BB Desktop manager after performing a cold boot on the BB.

5. I've also looked thru the Blackberry web site and this site for any info on this problem and so far I haven't had any luck.

I'm wondering if I need to wipe my BB and reinstall the software, but don't want to do this unless it's a last resort.

Any ideas from anyone?

BTW v 4.5 works great, I have a video cam and HTML e mail and so far this is the only hickup and I'm not sure it's software related.

Thanks!

Baldhills
07-24-2008, 07:25 PM
No one has any ideas?

John Clark
07-25-2008, 01:01 AM
You might give DM 4.6 a try.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/141782-desktop-manager-4-6-w-media-manager-released-vodafone-germany.html

Baldhills
07-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks I will try it and let you know how it works.

Baldhills
07-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Upgraded to DM 4.6. Still have the same problem :?

Baldhills
07-26-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm sure it's probably something simple, but figuring out the quirk is very frustrating....

Baldhills
07-27-2008, 11:47 AM
I finally got it to work. I backed up the phone and then restored the address book from the back up. Works fine now. Must have been a corrupted file somewhere.

buddhaon3lov3
11-13-2008, 04:13 AM
I finally got it to work. I backed up the phone and then restored the address book from the back up. Works fine now. Must have been a corrupted file somewhere.

lolz people always have something goin wrong when they update there bb 8320 to 4.5 i wonder why