PDA

View Full Version : Error - Uncaught Exception: Invisible Node

bcinelli
07-21-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm getting an error every time i start the browser. I have looked it up in the forums to no answer. The Error says:

Uncaught Exception: Invisible Node cannot be made current.

Then the phone HANGS .. until I do a battery pull.

Please anyone help me. I use the browser alot.

Thanks

Helmdawg
07-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Assuming from your signature you have TMO, did you enter wap.voicestream.com for your TCP setting.

Go to options, advanced options, TCP. It should be entered on the APN, leave username and password blank.

bcinelli
07-21-2008, 10:12 PM
its still doing it. see attached.

Helmdawg
07-21-2008, 10:13 PM
did you reboot after you entered that?

bcinelli
07-21-2008, 10:16 PM
did you reboot after you entered that?

Yes, sir.

bcinelli
07-21-2008, 10:20 PM
It won't let me do anything like clear the cache at all either.

Helmdawg
07-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Did you do anything different recently? Upgrade OS etc....

bcinelli
07-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Nope nothing at all.

Is there any backdoor to clean out the cache?

Helmdawg
07-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Nope nothing at all.

Is there any backdoor to clean out the cache?

Not sure bud. Maybe someone else will chime in to help out. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.. My guess its something to do with the Browser configuration but not sure.

bcinelli
07-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Not sure bud. Maybe someone else will chime in to help out. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.. My guess its something to do with the Browser configuration but not sure.

Last thing i was on was ESPN fantasy sports .. and it crapped out. If that helps.

Thank you anyways .. any help is always appreciated.

Hawke93
07-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Had the same issue arise this evening. Had just bookmarked a site, setting it up to auto-refresh, and then it started barfing.

There is a way to clear the cache (Settings | browser | something) but that did not solve my problem.

Connected to the laptop and did an advanced restore and cleared the cache, bookmarks, etc and still no joy. :?

Am currently upgrading to 4.2.2.180 to see if that buys me anything.

If that does not work, the next step is a wipe w/ a selective restore until I barfs again so that I know what not to restore.... unless someone has a better idea.

bcinelli
07-22-2008, 05:49 AM
Will an OS backup then WIPE .. then fresh install of the newer OS help? .. isn't there a new OS for the 8230

Hawke93
07-22-2008, 06:34 AM
In may case, the upgrade route did work (here was a bad bookmark, and trying to clear things w/o the upgrade did not work.

Had to restore the browser stuff from an older backup, so lost a few bookmarks.

HTH

bcinelli
07-22-2008, 07:37 AM
I decided im just going to wipe the 'curve' and upgrade to the newest OS that came out in july.

Is there anything I should do prior? Backing up?

Selective?

Hawke93
07-22-2008, 09:23 AM
What I did was pretty much this:

1) Backed up everything manually.

2) Backup/restore, advanced, cleared the browser dbs. Check to see if problem fixed. Did not in my case. Might try just the bookmarks at first.

3) Upgraded to 4.2.2.180, letting the process backup and restore everything

4) The restore of the app data stalled on me, so I had to manually restore again from the upgrade backup (Loader...ipd)

5) From there things worked well. Can then restore the broswer data from an older backup (backup and restore, advanced...)

bcinelli
07-22-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm in the process of going to 4.5.0.52 i'll let you know how it goes .. so at least we can give someone else some direction

kmmesq
07-23-2008, 05:30 PM
It came out of nowhere -how do you upgrade to make the problem go away?

Edwin Edwin
07-23-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm getting an error every time i start the browser. I have looked it up in the forums to no answer. The Error says:

Uncaught Exception: Invisible Node cannot be made current.

Then the phone HANGS .. until I do a battery pull.

Please anyone help me. I use the browser alot.

Thanks

Hello,

I have the same problem and my problem is that I don't have a Windows based computer so I guess I have to find someone to do it for me but anyway, I know you probably have upgraded your OS by now but I found a way around this problem to go on the internet.

I used the help function of the BB , the big yellow question mark. The upper link in the function brings you to the BB HELP! website. It weirdly enough uses the browser (may be a different one though) to go onto the website. So once you are on the internet you can just use the "go to..." function of the options button.

Another thing that might partially help people out is once the phone hangs in the message, press the return button or the red phone button and when the white background screen is gone but the message is still in the screen in your normal background screen press the return button and the off button (red phone) at the same time. The message will disappear and at least you can use your other applications again.

This worked out for me maybe I am making people happy with a dead bird so to speak

Cheers

mvincelli
07-26-2008, 11:07 AM
I am having the same problem, I was able to get into Options by clicking on my direct link to MLB.com as that got my Blackberry Browser working, then I went into options from there cleared out Cache History, and cookies, I still have the problem, so I switched the internet browser to T-Mobile browser. I can still get into the Blackberry Browser which is faster by first clicking on the MLB.com Icon, then I can surf in the Blackberry Browser from there by selecting "Go To". I have been running the latest Handheld and Desktop version that T-Mobile has on there site. I am not sure why this problem is happening, I am at this time going to put up with it as T-Mobile is sending me a replecement Curve for a continuing problem I am having with the trackwheel not scrolling to the right, it keeps jamming and even after trying all the tricks in here, it starts to work and then keeps happening. I have not removed the ball yet and T-Mobile BB support said that it is good I did not do that as it could of voided my coverage.
Thanks!!

milomak
07-28-2008, 02:18 AM
I had/have this error. It is something to do with the Bookmarks as far as I can tell. I for instance changed the page that opens when i load up a browser from bookmarks to a site and now i can access the browser. when i choose to go to bookmarks, it then starts the whole thing again.

blade00007
07-31-2008, 11:47 AM
I had the same problem. What I did was backup the data using the blackberry desktop manager. Then wiped the handheld from the security options menu. It resets your blackberry to factory defaults. Restored the data from my backup. Browser is up and running.

rjw3000
08-04-2008, 06:27 PM
I had the same problem. What I did was backup the data using the blackberry desktop manager. Then wiped the handheld from the security options menu. It resets your blackberry to factory defaults. Restored the data from my backup. Browser is up and running.

Ran into this issue and did the wipe and restore and everything is back and running. Much quicker than a reload of the OS, that's for sure.

kmmesq
08-05-2008, 09:13 AM
When I press "wipe handheld" it states that all application data will be lost, message service and other services will be truned off - is that permanent? does that mean I have to start over from scratch, or does everything go back to working order once I have wiped it? I'm afraid to press "continue", because I just want to get everything back to the way it was, it is my work phone, I don't want to screw up receiving my e-mail or calls

rambo47
08-10-2008, 09:02 PM
When I press "wipe handheld" it states that all application data will be lost, message service and other services will be truned off - is that permanent? does that mean I have to start over from scratch, or does everything go back to working order once I have wiped it? I'm afraid to press "continue", because I just want to get everything back to the way it was, it is my work phone, I don't want to screw up receiving my e-mail or calls

Yeah, all gone when you confirm that you want to wipe. You need to do a backup before undertaking this process so you can then restore all your data.

Iare Tosevite
08-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Other post had this solution:

Delete the ones BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service and Browser Config for 5 Click

It was about service books. You then resend the service books.

FyreFiend
08-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Other post had this solution:

It was about service books. You then resend the service books.

I can confirm that deleting any and all service books related to the browser and resending them fixes it. I was pulling my hair out over this until I figured that out

dozing4dollars
08-13-2008, 11:07 AM
I recently started having the same error: Uncaught exception: invisible node cannot be made current

The fix is easy as referenced above: it is all about the Service Books. To access this page: Options>Advanced Options>Service Book> then Delete any/all the service books related to the [Browser Config]-hint-read each one and left click to DELETE the necessary ones. I think I had five of them.

To resend the service books to restore them :Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > highlight a non-bold TMobile network listing > Menu > Register Now . This step should register your Blackberry and you will get a new Registration email message that says:Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network.

Voila! :smile:

mbristol
09-08-2008, 05:27 PM
:bb:

Kittyvamp1884
09-24-2008, 02:31 AM
RIM is currently Tracking this issue... if you are having the problem call T-Mobile and we will get them on the line... they want live "broken" examples 1-800-937-8997

if you don't want to call you can try all the above sugestions... what we have seen to work so far are:

wipe handheld and restore, servicebook delete and resend (sometimes), app loader.... but these are only temp fixes... make sure that no matter what you do to fix it that you change your start page in the browser to something other then bookmarks...

(browser > options > Browser Config > Start Page = Home page)

from what we have found the issue is somewhere between the servicebooks for the browser, and the page for the bookmark...

However we do sugest calling in to get RIM on the line... the issue will never get fully resolved unless they get the problems to fix

nobi
09-30-2008, 07:10 PM
Hopefully this will help as I know how frustrating it can be... The Bookmarks home page is corrupt and there is no fix for it. The work around is this... You can re-install the Desktop Manager minus the Bookmarks (dont forget to back up). You also have the option of creating the work around on the BB itself (which I did). Options> Advanced Options> Browser> change the default browser from "t-zones" to Internet Browser. Then open the actual Browser, then Options> Browser Configuration> scroll down to "Start Page", change this from Bookmarks Page to "Home Page", then scroll down to "Home Page Address:" Enter your desired home page and save.

I know its a bit much, but the headache will be gone!!

Good luck!

ClarkB
10-27-2008, 03:20 PM
I have the same issue but here's a work around. My phone still follows links in emails or in memos so I have created and saved as a draft an email with the URL's I use. Once I click the link then I can use the "G" get to the go to window. Write a memo and list the URL's the same way. It's almost more convenient to get on the internet through an email or memo.

ClarkB