PDA

View Full Version : BB Today

jrh311
08-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with there bb today weather portion of the application?

Milkman
08-22-2005, 09:35 PM
I use bbtoday, and all functions work fine, including the weather application. What is it doing to you exactly?

jrh311
08-22-2005, 09:37 PM
it wont retrieve my area? i put in my state code. i am from philly, pa and i dont know whatelse i have to do to make it retrieve the code. i asked did u use any 3rd party software, whatelse u got on ur phone?

Chrscott22
08-22-2005, 09:50 PM
I just put it on mine and it won't let me take the tasks slot off plus when i try to retrieve my area code for weather it freezes.

Milkman
08-22-2005, 09:53 PM
When you said third party software, and based off our previous conversation, I thought you meant on my PC that I SYNC w/ my Blackberry. My apologies. I have BBToday and BBmessenger are the only additional software titles I have.

I am upgrading my Blackberry OS, so I cannot give you step by step instructions, but pretty much highlight weather, go to options, and you will see the http:// address. Near the end will be a location code (4 letter 4 number format). Replace it with USPA1276 (for your location).

That SHOULD do it.

Zeus
09-17-2005, 11:28 AM
My BBToday weather (etc) was working fine. When reloading software this morning I accidentally clicked on the DENY and dont ask me again options. I tried deleting the BBToday app and reinstalling it but it didnt resolve the problem.

How can I allow the connection since I accidentally told it to deny ?

Concept
09-17-2005, 12:45 PM
all you should have to do it go to the weather part of BBtoday and click preferences. Then in the location ID part type in your city and state if you don't know the zip code. Area codes don't work I think. Then click your scroll wheel and choose lookup location ID. It will search for whatever city and state you typed in and should return you some options to choose from. It will then give you the four letter and four number code for your area. Click save and you done.

If this doesn't work than you don't have your adn settings correct which will make the BBtoday function "time out" and hence not retrieve you weather info.