PDA

View Full Version : What happened to sheet to go ??

LokoTripper
07-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Whaasup guys and gals !!

I am very very new to this BB stuff (although I have been using smartphones for the longest , Windows Mobile devices) anywho this is what happened and I was wondering if anybody can help me with it :

Let me first start by saying that I just upgraded by brand new 8310 to 4.5.0.52 using the guide stickied in this forum , everything was going smooth and I noticed that I had a couple of new icons so I opened docs to go registered it and everything and went for an upgrade , so the upgrade went just fine , but as soon as I synched it to my desktop , :x:cry::? the excel thingie was removed !! :cry::? I went into word and checked the info and yes it is the one that I just downloaded so wtf happened ?? please I really really use excel a lot , and the reason that I got this phone was that I was told that I could view excel files , I hope someone can point me into the right direction .

I might as well ask since I already made a thread , in WM (windows mobile) you can re-install any ROM for a clean start , can you do the same with BB ?? if so , can anyone give me the step by step procedure ?? thanks !!

p.s. If I unistall docs to go via desktop manager , can I re-install it so I can make the upgrade again and get excel back ??

sorry my dumb and newbie questions :oops:

John Clark
07-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Welcome to BBF.

First, you didn't "sync" it. You must have plugged it in and ran Application Loader. Application Loader "downgraded" it to the version that comes with the OS.

Here's what I recommend:

1. Upgrade back to the new version that includes Sheet To Go.
2. On your PC go to C:\Program files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\Your OS Folder\ and delete the "DocumentsToGo.alx" file.

Now when you plug in your BB and run application loader it won't attempt to downgrade your Docs To Go.

LokoTripper
07-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Welcome to BBF.

First, you didn't "sync" it. You must have plugged it in and ran Application Loader. Application Loader "downgraded" it to the version that comes with the OS.

Here's what I recommend:

2. On your PC go to C:\Program files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\Your OS Folder\ and delete the "DocumentsToGo.alx" file.

Now when you plug in your BB and run application loader it won't attempt to downgrade your Docs To Go.

thank you very much dude !!

please do not laugh ok ?? but how in the hell do I get the upgrade again ?? I have already tried it and it says tha the only upgrade is to buy the premium edition ?? (this is via my device) any other advice ??

NickfromIL
07-23-2008, 06:41 PM
dont Upgrade, rather check for updates

John Clark
07-23-2008, 06:41 PM
You should be able to download the update from within Docs To Go.

Shaun
07-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Here is a bit of information related to this topic...

I had the latest release of Docs To Go and plugged my phone into to load an custom theme on the phone. During the installation and my rapid clicking, I saw DM say it was removing an unknown module "Sheets To Go". Now I have the newest version without Sheets To Go.

Bonehead move on my part, and just wanted to warn others of the time consuming mistake.

NickfromIL
07-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Same happened to me, got the dreaded downgrade, but thanks to JC's tip it wont happen again.

LokoTripper
07-23-2008, 06:51 PM
You should be able to download the update from within Docs To Go.

I have already opened word and used the update option , but I do have the latest , don't know what to do :x:cry:anybody has the file that can send it to me via email ??

Shaun
07-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Same happened to me, got the dreaded downgrade, but thanks to JC's tip it wont happen again.

The problem I had is, I wasn't actually downgraded, DM simply removed Sheets To Go. So any 'Check for Update' told me I had the most up to date version (but I had no Sheets To Go).

I have already opened word and used the update option , but I do have the latest , don't know what to do :x:cry:anybody has the file that can send it to me via email ??

Same issue I had. I wound up fixing my issue when I upgraded the OS. I have not tried it, but you should be able to remove Docs To Go entirely from the device, then run the App Loader, and reload the original version that came with your OS package. Once loaded, check for updates.

John Clark
07-23-2008, 06:59 PM
If you deleted the DocumentsToGo.alx then you'll need to reinstall the OS package to the computer to get that file back.

LokoTripper
07-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Welcome to BBF.

Here's what I recommend:

Ok don't know how , but I managed to send the link again to my device (from Doc's to go webpage) I am installing as right now , I have already went into : C:\Program files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\my OS Folder\ and deleted the "DocumentsToGo.alx" file this should take of it right ?? is there any other way to know or do I have to plug it in again and go to application loader ?? please advice

And dude . . . I am really really happy that you helped me !! cheers 8-)(y)

LokoTripper
07-23-2008, 07:29 PM
It works , it works I have already went into app loader and it did not downgraded or deleted my sheet to go , wooooooohooooo !!!

Thank you very much dudes !!

You guys rock !!

:smile:(y)8-)

John Clark
07-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Just remember to remove it each time you upgrade to a new OS.

LokoTripper
07-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Just remember to remove it each time you upgrade to a new OS.

thanks dude !!

LokoTripper
07-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Good morning guys !!

Just a quick question , yesteryday I was able to fix my problem with sheet to go , but today I updated my DM from 4.5 to 4.6 and I went into :

C:\Program files\Common Files\Research In Motion but there is no shared folder ?? is it because I have not synched my device ?? do I have to sync before this folder appears ?? if I sync will my sheet to go dissapear again ?? thanks for any tips on this matter 8-)

John Clark
07-24-2008, 11:21 AM
If there is no "shared" folder it means there is no OS installed. Did you remove 4.5 before updating to 4.6 DM? If so, removal of DM also removes all OS's from the PC. Install the latest 4.5.0.55 OS and update. Follow the instructions in the sticky.