PDA

View Full Version : New and help with installing themes using PocketMac

xjinkiex
07-26-2008, 05:52 AM
Hi everyone!

So here is my story and question: I just got my 8110 Pearl this morning and I have been trying all day (well before and after work) to get my pearl to sync to my mac so I could add themes. I downloaded PocketMac, tried to sync and it to see if it worked and it said error. So I searched and searched and finally I figured it out and *presto* it worked! I pressed sync and it synced.

I thought awesome I can now add those themes! I did (under PocketMac SyncManager) Utilities -> Install Software to Device -> clicked the .alx , and it installed my theme.

But after it finished, my pearl rebooted itself. Did one more theme to see if it was just that one for some reason, and rebooted.

So my question is how do I install a theme w/o having my pearl reboot?

Brad4d
07-26-2008, 02:19 PM
You cannot, it is meant to do that through Pocketmac. I believe if you do it over the air (OTA download) it does not reboot, don't hold me to that though I've only ever downloaded through Pocketmac.

xjinkiex
07-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Oh ok, thank you!

Brad4d
07-26-2008, 02:27 PM
No problem.

p.s - doesnt PocketMac suck ahaha

xjinkiex
07-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Haha yeah it does. I think I'm going to look around and get a windows cd and use boot camp.

But for now, do you know how or where I can find out how to delete themes from my phone through pocket mac.

Brad4d
08-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Yea thats the shitty party you cant :S I had to do a wipe in order to get rid of them.

gutmox
08-21-2008, 02:48 PM
I just got my 8110 Pearl this morning too but i can find the solution for the problem ¿could you tellme what do you do for sync?

PocketMac_Anne
09-07-2008, 05:07 AM
Hi,

PocketMac can only uninstall applications and themes which were installed using PocketMac.

Hope that helps!