PDA

View Full Version : Can you change the order of email filters?

carlkra
07-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Please Help. I have been trying to find the answer to this for a long time and no one has yet been able to help.

This is a question regarding email filters under BIS. For me, using Rogers, filters are only accessible using the Blackberry Web Client, not on the device.

Email filters are a great benefit of using a Blackberry. They enable you to manage which emails you get on your device and which you don't. You will need to create multiple filters if you want to exclude or select email from certain senders and also choose emails by their subjects.

In such cases, filter order is critical to determine the behavior of multiple filters. So, once filters are created, how can I change the order of the filters (using Blackberry Web Client or ?)? I can't find any way to do it except for deleting them all and reentering in the desired order? Please tell me I don't have to do that!

Thanks,

Carl

takeshi
07-28-2008, 09:17 AM
This is a question regarding email filters under BIS. For me, using Rogers, filters are only accessible using the Blackberry Web Client, not on the device.

It's like that with BIS on all carriers. The filters settings on the BB itself only apply to BES.

carlkra
07-29-2008, 08:13 PM
It's like that with BIS on all carriers. The filters settings on the BB itself only apply to BES.

I don't mind using the web to deal with filters. I just need to be able to change the order of my filters. Is there a way to do that with BIS?

Thanks,

Carl

Phranc
07-30-2008, 08:36 AM
I see no way to reorder the filters via the web site. You can go back and remove the filters and then create them in the order they need to be in.