PDA

View Full Version : Access sent file to BBq

carart
07-29-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm trying to find/access a file I sent to my BB via Bluetooth from my PBook. It's a .vcf file to see if I can use it to enter a contacts in my BB Address Book(can I do this?). But, when I send it, all goes well but I can't find it. I received it from my Pictures media window by choosing "Receive File Using Bluetooth", and I tried saving it to "Desktop" and in the "Pictures" folder but I can't find it(can't find "Desktop" period).
Can I access and search the media card from my BB while the media card is in my BB and from my BB screen? Is there another(better) folder I can save this file to so I can access it?

JSanders
07-29-2008, 08:59 AM
IF you can--look at your Media icon > Menu > Explore and see if you see the file. I do not believe the BB will read a vcf card file.

What you need to do is connect your BB to your PB via the USB cable and sync using PccketMac or Missing Sync, both detailed in the Sticky Notes at the top of this Mac users section.

carart
07-29-2008, 10:30 AM
IF you can--look at your Media icon > Menu > Explore and see if you see the file. I do not believe the BB will read a vcf card file.

What you need to do is connect your BB to your PB via the USB cable and sync using PccketMac or Missing Sync, both detailed in the Sticky Notes at the top of this Mac users section.

yes, I've done the sync with PocketMac but it ignores the preference I set in it. I set it to overwrite my BB and add only one category of contacts from my PBook Address Book, a select few that I want to have on my BB, but PocketMac copies all 1730. Makes finding just one contact laborious.