PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry Dialing while locked in holster

lufromcalab
07-30-2008, 09:37 AM
This makes two days in a row, that my BlackBerry has made a call, without my involvement.

Both days, it has been while on the train for the morning commute, just after 7:00 am, and has dialed the last number that was dialed out from the BlackBerry on the previous evening.

My system is set to turn on/off automatically. Off at 6:00pm and on at 5:38am (an arbitrary number).

During both occurrences, my Bluetooth headset was turned off.

Both times, I was sitting in a seat on the train, with my BlackBerry in it's holster, not pressed against anything.

Both times, the BlackBerry was locked.

Can anyone out there give me some advice as to what may be allowing / causing this to happen? Is it possible that some errant BlueTooth signal is causing a last number redial?

sugar
07-30-2008, 09:39 AM
This should not happen. When in the holster (assuming it is the one provided with the device), the device should lock).
Have you tried a battery pull?

diamondirish
07-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Have you checked the settings? If you go to options -> General Settings -> and check that "Lock Handheld Upon Holstering" is set to "Yes", & "Allow Outgoing Calls While Locked" is set to "No"...

Apologies if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs here :oops:

sugar
07-30-2008, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=diamondirish;1039040]Have you checked the settings? If you go to options -> General Settings -> and check that "Lock Handheld Upon Holstering" is set to "Yes", & "Allow Outgoing Calls While Locked" is set to "No"...

QUOTE]

Good point(y)

Johnny909
07-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Have you checked the settings? If you go to options -> General Settings -> and check that "Lock Handheld Upon Holstering" is set to "Yes", & "Allow Outgoing Calls While Locked" is set to "No"...

Apologies if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs here :oops:

good point, thanks.