PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Gmail Calendar

mzman
07-31-2008, 11:06 AM
This is a somewhat recent problem for me. I use a Google Apps account with is synced with BIS so that I get instant e-mail, synchronization, etc. It used to be that when I sent a calendar invite "from" my Google account with my Blackberry, it would show up on my Google calendar, and the recipient would receive it should be. Now, it doesn't show up on my Google calendar and the recipient receives nothing. On my Blackberry, my Messages list shows the invite as sent though. I already deleted and resent the Google CICAL service book. Any ideas? I'm stumped. Thanks.

mzman
08-01-2008, 07:33 AM
No ideas? I guess I'm the only one?! :-(

mzman
08-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Can someone please at least confirm that they don't have this problem? Thanks.

WFLDEng611
08-05-2008, 09:53 PM
What does your sync log for Google say?

UncleMike
08-06-2008, 08:02 AM
This is not something I have ever done before, but since I have all the pieces in place I figured I would give it a shot. I created a calendar entry and invited one person by selecting them from my address book. The event was successfully created on my local BB calendar. I then forced Google Sync to "Sync Now", which reported that it was successful. However, if I look at my Google Sync now, it says that the last successful sync was a few minutes ago, yet "Nothing Changed", and the vent does not appear on my Google Calendar.

As I said though, I have never done this before, so I have no way to know if this behaviour is changed or not.

mzman
08-06-2008, 01:05 PM
I don't use Google Sync. I use the standard BIS integration without having downloaded the Gmail app. Does anyone else do this who can confirm a problem or non-problem? Thanks.

WFLDEng611
08-06-2008, 02:55 PM
I use google sync, but I do not use the invite feature. My best guess would be you would need Google Sync on your BB to have it communicate with the calendar. I cannot figure out how it was working prior. On a side note, there are times when Google is down, and things do not work right, this might be one of those times. But it is free, so I guess we can't complain

UncleMike
08-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Just a follow-up... although the event did not appear on my Google calendar, the recipient did receive and respond to the invitation, which I think is different behaviour than the OP described.