PDA

View Full Version : need helppppp!

goodguy0118
08-01-2008, 09:39 AM
i have a 8700c then i went to the theme4bb and installed theme then my 8700c have a problem after restart. it kept staying in the the white mode with a cursor turning around. so i tried to reflashing my os.
after awhile reading "How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder?" i did exactly but have no luck because i don't understand after wipe the devide so rightnow my 8700c have a " rectangle with a circle around and a 507 in the bottom"
what do i do now.
I don't understand from here:
Install OS and Restore

1. Open Desktop Manager and select Application Loader

2. Install the OS by following the prompts and selections
when i install the OS it told me that the desktop manager is still running so it need to close.

3. The device will reboot. It can take up to 15 minutes for the 1st boot.

4. Restore the previously made backup or re-sync
I dont have a backup how do i restore without it??????????

5. Install the battery back into the device and unplug from the PC

Can anyone help me pleasessssssssssss thank you

jsconyers
08-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Error 507 indicates you do not have an OS currently on your device. You will need to install one. Here is the latest one available for your device : http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8700-series-discussion/141383-latest-os-8700-4-5-0-75-4-5-0-52-multilanguage.html

Unfortunately if you don't have a backup, you've lost all your data.

Follow the install instructions in the link I provided and you should be okay. You may see the spinning hour glass for more than 15 minutes, don't disconnect it, just be patient.

Welcome to the forums and best of luck (y)

goodguy0118
08-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Error 507 indicates you do not have an OS currently on your device. You will need to install one. Here is the latest one available for your device :

Unfortunately if you don't have a backup, you've lost all your data.

Follow the install instructions in the link I provided and you should be okay. You may see the spinning hour glass for more than 15 minutes, don't disconnect it, just be patient.

Welcome to the forums and best of luck

thank you for your quick answer but rightnow my comp doesn't discover my device wat can i do now.?

jsconyers
08-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Do you have Desktop Manager installed on your PC?

If not, check here BlackBerry Desktop Manager Downloads - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_do_I_download_the_latest_version_of_Desktop_Manager%3F)

goodguy0118
08-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Do you have Desktop Manager installed on your PC?

If not, check here

thnx it' back 2 life now. ihiii