PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Blackberry Enterprise Server on phone but want Blackberry Internet Services

craftymomtwo
08-01-2008, 10:19 PM
OK, I have a real problem. I purchased a Blackberry 7130e and only have the option of Blackberry Enterprise Server for e-mail but can't use it because I don't have a company that I work for. Does anyone know if there is a way to change over to the Internet services? I've looked online but can't find anything. Thanks.

John Clark
08-01-2008, 11:33 PM
How to add / delete email addresses - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_to_add_/_delete_email_addresses)

craftymomtwo
08-01-2008, 11:55 PM
OK, I attempted that and was able to set up the e-mail and everything on the Sprint Internet services thing and tried to send the service books to my blackberry but they haven't made it and still no internet services. If I try to set up e-mail it only gives me the option of setting it up through blackberry enterprise server. :?

John Clark
08-02-2008, 12:29 AM
Did you subscribe to a Blackberry Data Plan from Sprint?

Dubdub
08-02-2008, 12:37 AM
Sounds to me like there might be an IT Policy on the phone. Check the FAQ for the link, How to Remove the IT Policy.

craftymomtwo
08-02-2008, 12:46 AM
I've subscribed to the Simply Everything plan which includes data. I have gone through and followed the steps to remove an IT policy and have wiped out the phone again so we will see how it works out for me now. Got my fingers and toes crossed here... ;)

John Clark
08-02-2008, 12:52 AM
If you still have no service books by morning then I'd give Sprint a call.

UncleMike
08-02-2008, 07:54 AM
OK, I have a real problem. I purchased a Blackberry 7130e and only have the option of Blackberry Enterprise Server for e-mail but can't use it because I don't have a company that I work for. Does anyone know if there is a way to change over to the Internet services? I've looked online but can't find anything. Thanks.

Is it just me, or is the bolded part (emphasis mine) above being ignored? If I read this correctly, the OP only needs BIS, and has no use for the additional features of BES. If that's the case, my recommendation to the OP is to call your carrier and switch data plans.

southwestcomm
08-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Data plan has nothing to do with it. The Simply Everything plan includes BIS BB data.

John Clark
08-02-2008, 11:58 AM
He has the right plan. But may be time to call Sprint.

Dubdub
08-02-2008, 12:00 PM
I am assuming that you logged into the Sprint BIS site, established a user ID and password, entered your BB PIN and ESN and then set up whatever email accounts that you wanted?