PDA

View Full Version : Quick survey - push Hotmail delivery times.

silverxbaby
08-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Isn't push email supposed to be instant? Not if it's Hotmail it seems. What about a quick survey of how long Hotmail emails are taking to arrive? Hopefully the posts might even be seen by those who can do something about it.

Mine are between instant (rarely) and around 6 hours. The norm is probably 15 - 30 mins.

wibbly
08-06-2008, 02:26 AM
I don't have a Hotmail account, but have noticed for what it's worth that delivery times can lengthen in the evenings mainly (in the UK, so when the US is busy?) on my GMail integrated accounts. Normally instant, but only hours when something's broken.

DINide
08-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Wirelessly posted

Mine is usually instant

camaro322hp
08-06-2008, 09:54 AM
A fellow board member pointed out to me that delivery will not occur if you are logged into a "Live" product on a PC (such as MSN messenger, Hotmail, etc). Additionally, delivery will not occur if you are logged into MSN messenger on your handheld.

If I am not logged into a Live product anywhere, then my handheld delivery has been instant.

EDIT: LOL, i think that "fellow board member" was you, silver. so you're having late deliveries even when not logged in on your PC?