PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Problems

Chex
08-25-2005, 11:34 AM
I have a Blackberry 7100t and have had it since November of last year. I do not remember it ever being exceptional. I enjoy using it for email and messaging and the like, but as a phone it lacks in many ways.

I have read some articles in the past about downgrading the firmware to help resolve volume issues. I remember reading things about getting a handset replacement. I have contacted t-mobile's Blackberry support team and they are analyzing the towers in my area. Unfortunately when I talked to the t-mobile rep it was the clearest, loudest phone conversation I can remember having on my Blackberry, so I was not able to use the phone call as an example of the poor quality I am used to. This makes talking on my phone in the car nearly impossible without a headset of some sort. I have a very quiet car as well, so it should be reasonable to have phone conversations in it. I would like to hear from someone that had this problem but had it resolved and which step did they end up taking.

I get conflicting reports about where the microphone is as well. I believe it would be under the keys because when I prop it on my shoulder people can never hear me, but t-mobile tells me that it's in the lanyard connection looking place. Could someone clear this up for me?

If I have an image I want to use as a background, is there any way I can get it to use the whole screen like a screensaver type image or something? Whenever I use the image it just throws the icons on top and cuts off the top part (I am using the t-mobile default theme).

I sometimes switch out to my Sony Erricson if I am having a night on the town or something, because of the large size of the Blackberry and the difficulty in hearing, but I always end up going back to it because I have become quite spoiled with the keyboard.

Thanks in advance!
Chex

jibi
08-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Wait a few weeks until TMO releases their new software (1-3 weeks or so) and install it. If you still experience issues, then you may want to look into downgrading to 3.8 (especially if you aren't on a BES).

The microphone is mounted somewhere near the bottom.

The ribbon and icons are all part of the theme, so no.

Chex
08-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Thanks Jibi,

I kept thinking to myself that they should just release a new version of the OS to correct the volume issue. It seems that this could easily be resolved since the Blackberry is more computer than phone. The only problem is that I have to update everything on a friend's computer because I am using a Macintosh, so I have to install the blackberry desktop program and then update everything. Last time it took a very long time too, because I had everything saved and put back on the blackberry. T-mobile said it shouldn't have taken that long, so I don't know if I did something incorrect or not.

Chex

gadgetman
08-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Jibi:

You seem to be very informed. What leads you to believe that Tmo is releasing new software?