PDA

View Full Version : DATA SERVICE, please help me

hell
08-05-2008, 05:44 PM
I am thinking.

If my Cellular Company does not offer me the DATA Service, but they do offer DATA-Service for ROAMING companies.

The i say, what the hell. I can get the cheapest monthly to use here.

I have a couple of question?

What is Your Phone DATA Service (company, price, pushdata, any other info you may think intresting).

Recommend me one cheaper. I only need DATA Service, NO PHONE. I think about Roger from Canada.

Does it cost any different if you are on ROMAING. I mean if i have 10mb/month and i am in some other country does it cost more???

I need a Carrier wich i can pay via PayPal. At least the recharge the contract it will be personally. I need to check, change my account Online.

Thanks!!!!!!!

penguin3107
08-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Is any part of your post serious? None of it really makes any sense at all.

Are you really looking for help, or were you trying to be funny?
Pay your carrier via paypal?

JSanders
08-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Regardless of the answers to all of the above questions, I don't know of any carriers which take PayPal.

What you need to determine is a carrier that will roam in your country, and you get a contract with that carrier. Most will require a voice plan as well as the data plan, which is why most consider the data plan as an add-on.

As a reference, my ATT personal BIS account is $30/month, unlimited data, no tethering.

JSanders
08-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Is any part of your post serious?

Are you really looking for help, or were you trying to be funny?
Pay your carrier via paypal?

He is serious. He lives in a US-embargoed nation. A relative visiting him recently was getting roaming data on their BlackBerry, roaming on a local carrier, while he can not get the same.

hell
08-05-2008, 06:02 PM
JBSanders, you got the idea.

So there is no company??? I am seen at Rogers but i dont get it!!! I dont understand, so many DataPlans. From 15$/month and UP. Nothing like 5$ like it says in BBFAQs.

Sorry, so there is no way to pay ONLINE???

Sorry i was not trying to be funny. Perhaps it sound but i am really serious.

thanks

JSanders
08-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Give some people time to answer.

I do believe the PayPal dealio will be the deal-breaker, however.

hell
08-05-2008, 06:05 PM
ok, see you later...........

BCollins521
08-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Yea any company won't take paypal...you can pay online, I have paid T-Mobile online through their site and my bank but nothing through Paypal so I don't think you'll be able to use Paypal as a pay method for any carrier. Like JS said most places will probably require a voice plan as well...T-Mobile is $19 on top of a voice plan but I don't believe the do roaming. They use to have just a data option for BB's but I thought they got rid of that

neftv
08-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I know that paypal now has a plug in the browser that can now generate a secure card and auto fills the credit information for paying for stuff on the web page. Paypal applies the charges to your bank account directly. So basically regardless if the provider takes paypal or not its just like a credit card to them. I have used this service several times and works great.

hell
08-06-2008, 08:31 PM
If i have BIS and 1MB.

May i check my GMAIL Account 4 Unlimited times??? or I only have 1MB of Emails???
What does BIS itself include???

I read de FAQ about BIS, but i dont get the BIG picture.

Thanks

NickfromIL
08-06-2008, 08:35 PM
just 1MB total data used, including email

Cammer
08-06-2008, 09:06 PM
I seem to remember Paypal offering a debit card a couple of years back. That may be incorrect, but I do believe they have a Visa card available. There may be a work around in all of that for you. Do some snooping around on the Paypal site and see what they offer.

BCollins521
08-06-2008, 09:08 PM
They still have that you just have to request the card

NickfromIL
08-06-2008, 09:09 PM
They still offer it. I just got mine a couple days ago.

hell
08-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Because i see CableWireless and they offer BIS and 1MB for 12usd/month it seems reasonable for me if unlimited 4 RIM aplications and 1MB for 3rdParty aplications. But i was so wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks, still waiting sugestions..........

neftv
08-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Because i see CableWireless and they offer BIS and 1MB for 12usd/month it seems reasonable for me if unlimited 4 RIM aplications and 1MB for 3rdParty aplications. But i was so wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks, still waiting sugestions..........

Are you looking for a company like this in Canada? Data rates.
MTS Mobility Rate Plans (http://www.idccommunications.ca/consumer/rateplans.asp?CID=73)

djm2
08-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Are you looking for a company like this in Canada? Data rates.
MTS Mobility Rate Plans (http://www.idccommunications.ca/consumer/rateplans.asp?CID=73)

I suspect that one won't work, because I think he wants to roam outside of North America.

neftv
08-07-2008, 03:48 PM
I suspect that one won't work, because I think he wants to roam outside of North America.

I was not sure if that service was GSM so I guess it has to be GSM.

hell
08-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Sorry, i haven't answer because I WON a Curve 8310 and i am seeing how to send here.

I am still looking for a DATA PLAN with Roaming and an affordable Price.

In FAQs they spoke about ROGERS 5MB for 5usd. I haven't see that.

Thanks!!!!!!!

neftv
08-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Sorry, i haven't answer because I WON a Curve 8310 and i am seeing how to send here.

I am still looking for a DATA PLAN with Roaming and an affordable Price.

In FAQs they spoke about ROGERS 5MB for 5usd. I haven't see that.

Thanks!!!!!!!

I doubt to find anything that cheap. In USA just data there is
Get Started - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular (http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/blackberry-personal-plans.jsp)
and
Unsupported Browser (http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/cell-phone-plans-detail.aspx?tp=tb1&rateplan=BlackBerry-Unlimited)
and being for your Blackberry it will probably be for anywhere.

hell
08-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Yes, but here in Cuba, Cubacel has no Roaming with any USA Mobile Company.

neftv
08-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Yes, but here in Cuba, Cubacel has no Roaming with any USA Mobile Company.

Then I guess you may need to go with a European company or Australian company. Or re-think a different way of accomplishing what you want to do ultimately.

hell
08-07-2008, 10:42 PM
but Canada and LatinAmerican countries it does Roaming Contracts....

neftv
08-07-2008, 10:48 PM
The big one in Latin America is América Móvil did you check them out?

neftv
08-07-2008, 10:55 PM
but Canada and LatinAmerican countries it does Roaming Contracts....

Another big one is Welcome to Vodafone - Vodafone (http://www.vodafone.com/hub_page.html)

neftv
08-07-2008, 11:08 PM
you also might check out PrePaidGSM.net (http://www.prepaidgsm.net),
While not always up-to-the-minute, the PrepaidGSM site shows the prepaid offerings
of virtually every wireless carrier worldwide. Once you find the more
attractive offerings you can check their websites directly for
confirmation or the latest specials. Maybe this will help you.