PDA

View Full Version : syncing with Entourage calendar 2004 always crashes

just_me12
08-09-2008, 09:41 AM
I just bought my BB 8310 and it will not sync Entourage calendar 8310 with PM. It will sync contact, notes, etc. from Entourage, but not the calendar.

the BB resets and PM crashes.

It synced one time and that was it and then would not. Talked with BB customer reps and we spent over 5 hours deleting, restoring, purging, etc. to no avail (good to work with, just couldn't solve the problem). Finally replaced the BB at ATT (really good to work with btw). Now, I can sync everything but the calendar will not sync. Could there be a problem with the Calendar in Entourage? Or is it PM. Would greatly appreciate help.

Anyone have this problem or tips. I really need my calendar.

WFLDEng611
08-09-2008, 05:57 PM
You can try a couple of things. First backup your stuff. Next you can do a re-build of Entourage. PM also provides a scripts to reset and rebuild the sync and Entourage. I am going to give you my canned response to resetting PM. I use the Apple apps, so it is geared more towards that. But it will give you some insight into PM and you should be able to apply it to Entourage.

There are three scripts provided by PM. To get to them go to
Library > Application Support > PocketMacSyncManager > Additional Tools.
There you will find DataPurgeUI, EntourageRebuild and SyncClean.

Here is what I would do if this was my BB.
1. Backup address book and iCal
2. Launch DataPurgeUI and wipe the address book and calendar data off the BB. This utility just wipes the BB, not the Mac. But this is why you backup
3. Launch SyncClean and wipe the PocketMac files and the SyncServices file. What this does is makes PM think this is the first sync.
4. Repair permissions on the Mac
5. Re-boot the Mac
6. Launch PM and set address book and iCal to sync one way from the mac to the BB using the advanced tab
7. Sync
8. Once the sync is completed, you may set address book and iCal to two way sync.

just_me12
08-09-2008, 07:32 PM
WFLDEng611.
Thanks for your advice.

Tried it, but still no dice. I have even rebuilt Entourage to no avail, imported Entourage into iCal and synced to no avail.

WFLDEng611
08-09-2008, 07:51 PM
I see your on a curve, there has been problems with syncing and tethering on mac's. From what I have read, make sure you have the latest version of PM and search the threads here. There have been some other drivers that needed to be updated to make this work. Good luck

just_me12
08-09-2008, 10:35 PM
OK, I finally found a solution. A little cumbersome, but syncing works perfectly except for a few calendar duplications.

SOLUTION (at least for me):

-Downloaded Missing Sync for Blackberry.
-Went to Entourage preferences (this is what I use) and selected sync for all three items between iCal and Entourage
-Made sure all items in Entourage were synced with iCal
-Conducted sync with Missing Sync and iCal.
-Had a couple of glitches, but the error log is great at pinpointing exactly what was wrong (e.g., the calendar wouldn’t sync because a “sync was in progress” so, I reset computer and removed battery from BB, and then the next sync worked well).

This is a bit cumbersome, but it is the only way I can get it to work.

WFLDEng611
08-10-2008, 11:26 PM
If you are going to continue to us MS, make sure you remove PM and any traces of PM. Do a spotlight search after you remove the obvoius. Having two syncing apps causes conflicts.