PDA

View Full Version : Can you configure BB desktop manager to sync two users on one computer

spacklesteve
08-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Hey All, Sorry if this has been asked before but i have spent hours searching via google to see if/how this can be done.

Basically there are 2 BBs that need to use desktop manager on one computer to sync with outlook. (Just concerned with contacts and calendar) I have two profiles in outlook and outlook will prompt me for which profilei want to use when it opens.

One idea was to just setup two windows user account and have each use the desktop manager software separately (not sure if it would work and don't like the log off/log on routine)

Second idea i am wondering if the BB desktop manager will recognize the different PIN numbers and let me configure the sync settings for each device accordingly.

:bb::x

CO_BBTechie
08-11-2008, 04:05 PM
DM can indeed have separate sync settings for each device. It does know which PIN is connected to it. Set sync options for each device while that device is plugged in.

takeshi
08-12-2008, 10:16 AM
DM can prompt for the Outlook profile to use as well. Just be very careful with this approach. It's very easy to accidentally sync a BB with the wrong profile. I'd actually recommend having the users log in separately. That is, unless the users were savvy enough to do their own contact/calendar cleanup.

aznHypnotix
08-14-2008, 10:30 PM
You can create a new user account for Blackberry Desktop Manager. If you go into configure sync, you can configure the user accounts. Sorry to sound vague but that is all I know. It is easier to configure user accounts on v4.2 because I haven't had to do that for v4.3 or v4.5 yet but the idea is the same. Contact your service provider tech support. Maybe they can help?