PDA

View Full Version : Deliver confirmation message sent for every outgoing email

markt_99
08-12-2008, 01:58 PM
I have 4 email accounts set up for my BB. all were set up through the ATT version of blackberry internet services website.

On 2 of the accounts (Gmail and Yahoo) every time I send a message(via blackberry) it sends a delivery confirmation email to the source email server.

So when I send an email on my blackberry I get a sent message line item, as well as a delivery confirmation message(Sent is on blackberry only, delivery confirmation is also on the mail server).

Is gmail and yahoo doing this or is this something done by the blackberry internet service.

If so is there a way to stop it. I've tried to turn off delivery confirmation under email settings but it doesn't help.

Basically I don't wan't a copy of every message I send to be sent to the origination mail server.

markt_99
08-12-2008, 02:00 PM
This only occurs in 2 of the 4 accounts I have set up (Yahoo and Gmail). The ISP my company uses for email and the blackberry email account do not do this.

takeshi
08-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Are you sure it's a delivery confirmation and not this?
BlackBerry Search Results (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10332&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=70914178&stateId=0%200%2037674723)

markt_99
08-14-2008, 10:57 AM
that was it. Since Gmail doesn't have a true separate folder for sent. all sent messages look like new messages when they are stored on the gmail server. I filtered out my own gmail address and all is well.