PDA

View Full Version : vzw.blackberry.net and sprint.blackberry.net blocking our emails

Kremlar
08-13-2008, 08:01 AM
We recently had a virus/spyware issue on our network that caused us to get listed on a few spam blacklists. We've gotten ourselves removed, and rectified the virus issue, but vzw.blackberry.net and sprint.blackberry.net still seem to be blocking our emails.

Doing a telnet to port 25 at any of their mail servers just seems to reject our connection attempt. Testing with telnet from outside our network works fine. For example, doing a telnet to mx01.bis.na.blackberry.com our connection immediately gets dropped. If testing this from outside our network, I get a response from their mail server.

I've sent an email to postmaster@<hidden> and abuse@<hidden>, but no response yet and our connections are still being blocked after over 24 hours.

Any idea if there's a particular procedure in place that I should be following?

Any idea how Blackberry determines who and what to block?

Thanks in advance...

JSanders
08-13-2008, 08:27 AM
I would suggest not using those addresses, for many reasons, this being one. You have little or no control over it.

Can you go to the BIS site for those addresses and place a forwarding filter to another address, such a gmail account?

Kremlar
08-13-2008, 11:16 AM
I would suggest not using those addresses, for many reasons, this being one. You have little or no control over it.

I agree. It wasn't my choice to use these addresses.

Thanks