PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Calendar Sync and Blackberry is a Pain

nirensinha
08-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi,
I am having this problem with syncing outlook calendar and my blackberry over some time now. Every time I sync the phone it throws an error "The operation ended unexpectedly". I am tired of removing the blackberry data folder and then again creating a new configuration.

Lately its happening everyday and i have been wasting 1 hour everyday in making it work. This is blackberry one of the most important feature and it lacks in syncing with outlook for recurring meeting. Every one will have recurring meetings. I had nokia before and this was never a problem. I tried exporting calendar to a tab seperated file and then importing into blackberry but it does not do it properly and wont even let me change the mapping.

grrrrrr.....i cant do no nothing....even google sync is ruled out as i have windows 2000 at work.

Please help.....i need my calendar to be upto date.

JSanders
08-13-2008, 03:32 PM
You likely have an error somewhere in your calendar data, like an attachment to a calendar entry or such.
Errors syncing the BB with Desktop Manager - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Errors_syncing_the_BB_with_Desktop_Manager)

And you can map the fields...
How to map fields to sync from BB to Outlook - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_to_map_fields_to_sync_from_BB_to_Outlook)

nirensinha
08-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks for quick reply. I will try out and let you know

nirensinha
08-14-2008, 12:12 PM
I did all that... i deleted alot of my appointments where ever the sync failed. But it keeps on giving the error. Also I have set to fetch only future appointments....why does it read past appointments.

Can I export to csv file and then sync it with my phone

Dubdub
08-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Do you happen to have a blank entry in your Outlook calendar? I have seen that cause a problem.

nirensinha
08-14-2008, 03:15 PM
No blank entries. I am done with sync ....i am trying write my own program. Whatever may be the reason blackberry should be able to read the value and sync. It just cannot throw a general error and terminate. Blackberry needs to test the sync process alot as this is a very common error. I still can sync my nokia phone with my outlook without any error.

Grrrrrrrrr..log file is also stupid wont display the exact record or the correct error message.

Can I get the code from some where...i will try to fix it myself....