PDA

View Full Version : HTML replies in BES 4.1.6?

kam_uk
08-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Hi

We are running BES 4.1.5 with Exchange 2003. Most handhelds are on software 4.1

I have just heard that BES 4.1.6 gives users the ability to reply in HTML to messages. This confuses me ;)

Are they suggesting that if I reply to a message from my Blackberry at the moment the format is plain text? Because this is not the case. Sure, I can't read the message in HTML on my BB (it is in plain text), but the replies I send are in colour etc (indicating I am replying in HTML surely?), yet I am on BES 4.1.5...

Can anyone help? Or am I getting confused with my message formats? :)

Thanks!

moleman2k
08-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi

We are running BES 4.1.5 with Exchange 2003. Most handhelds are on software 4.1

I have just heard that BES 4.1.6 gives users the ability to reply in HTML to messages. This confuses me ;)

HTML E-mail requires BB OS 4.5 or later on the device, and BES 4.1.6. 4.3 HH or earlier cannot handle HTML email, hence why you see plain text.

penguin3107
08-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Your reply will always be in the same format as the message you received.
However, there is no HTML composing ability on the BlackBerry device. You can't actually compose HTML messages. Even a reply to HTML message will not allow you to include HTML formatting in your actual reply.

kam_uk
08-15-2008, 04:54 AM
Ok..thanks guys for replying.

So what does 4.1.6 actually give? The ability to compose messages in HTML? If the BB OS is 4.5 will I be able to read the message in HTML on the device?

And in terms of the reply to HTML situation - does this mean I can include HTML formatting (e.g. highlight certain words in a colour) with the reply?

Thanks

penguin3107
08-15-2008, 05:47 AM
There are NO HTML composing abilities on the Blackberry.
You can't compose a new HTML message. You can't use HTML formatting in a reply.
You can't do any HTML formatting at all.

BES 4.1.6 in combination with handheld OS 4.5 gives the user the ability to VIEW HTML messages that are received. Nothing more.