PDA

View Full Version : applications permissions

cartiel
08-15-2008, 04:57 PM
My question generally involves game applications.
I'm on a BIS and a chess application that I have downloaded onto my phone prompts me; the message reads the application (MKC2) has attempted to open a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall that is not allowed by your IT policy. I'm on a BIS should I be getting a prompt in regards to an IT policy? Should I be worried that some one is attempting to hack my phone? Secondly,what would be the safest applications permissions settings to ensure that my phones information is protected;mail,contacts,etc.
If you think it is necessary feel free to leave your reply via my pm here on the site or via my email that can be found on my profile. Thank you.

JSanders
08-15-2008, 05:03 PM
No one has hacked your BB. Impossible.

Set your needed applications permissions to allow, and you will be fine.

cartiel
08-15-2008, 05:13 PM
No one has hacked your BB. Impossible.

Set your needed applications permissions to allow, and you will be fine.
I have reasons to believe that if some one via the game site has not tried to accomplish this task, some of the persons at my local carriers have attempted to test the blackberry's security. I have allowed many of the permissions to that specific application, ( not to mention this is the only app. that requires so much attention) if not all, and I continue to receive the prompt. The only time I need not worry about the prompt is when I disable the firewall. :(

JSanders
08-15-2008, 05:16 PM
The games' API is likely attempting to access it.

Of course at a gaming site... who knows. But I do know that your BB can't be hacked.

cartiel
08-15-2008, 05:22 PM
The games' API is likely attempting to access it.

Of course at a gaming site... who knows. But I do know that your BB can't be hacked.
Well thanks for the reassurance; I'll keep trying. I'd really hate to have to lose this chess game.

JSanders
08-15-2008, 05:24 PM
And by the way, if you bought your BB used, you could have an IT Policy on it, and don't realize it.

Look at Options > Security > General Settings. Scroll down to Services:

What does it say beneath "Services"?

cartiel
08-15-2008, 05:38 PM
And by the way, if you bought your BB used, you could have an IT Policy on it, and don't realize it.

Look at Options > Security > General Settings. Scroll down to Services:

What does it say beneath "Services"?
I received this phone through a factory warranty. I checked the general settings and it comes back **no services**. So; can you explain the IT policy prompt?

JSanders
08-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Nope, I can't then.

cartiel
08-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Nope, I can't then.
Would you mind if I sent you a description of the apps. permissions via your pm or email? Maybe you could verify if any other permissions needs to be set or if I could do without any of the the permissions I have already allowed.