PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Contacts from Address Book to SIM card?

NYJRE85
08-19-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm in a dilemma. I have over 500 buisness contacts on my blackberry 8700g, and its being replaced due to a defective trackwheel. Is there ANY possible option to transfer all contacts from Address Book to SIM without having to go through 1 by 1 and adding them into the new device. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

-John.
:bb:

penguin3107
08-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Why not just back up your address book using desktop manager, and then restore it to your new device?

Or, just sync with Outlook if you have it.

JSanders
08-19-2008, 02:17 PM
TO the SIM card, no. One by One.

Are you getting a new BlackBerry? Just do a backup of the current device to your PC, and restore the backup to your device when it arrives.

And, you can always sync with Outlook, too.

Ricky-Ray
08-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Easiest is to do a backup and restore with the Desktop Manager. If your contacts sync with outlook just do a sync to make sure all the info is up to date and when you get the new device it will reload the info from outlook.

BTW the SIM card will only hold the phone numbers of the contacts. It will not hold the address info and other stuff.

John Clark
08-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Don't forget about the Switch Device Wizard. Perfect for this kind of thing. Does it all automatically for you.

JSanders
08-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Yes it is, but not always as simple if the user doesn't have the original device at hand, and a big complicated to do piece-by-piece.

I just think restore is the simplest, cleanest operation for a novice user, in this situation. If the user is not so novice, the SDW will work great for him.

wjereb
08-20-2008, 06:31 AM
I believe you can only save 250 contacts to a SIM card. Switch Device Wizard is the answer.

penguin3107
08-20-2008, 06:44 AM
Switch Device Wizard is the answer.

I disagree. It might be an option, but it is not the answer.
It might not even work at all, since we don't know if the OP will have both devices in hand at the same time.

takeshi
08-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Is there ANY possible option to transfer all contacts from Address Book to SIM without having to go through 1 by 1 and adding them into the new device. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

The SIM card should be your method of last resort. Use one of the methods above. You really should be syncing and or backing up regularly anyway. I'm assuming that the data on your BB is important. ;-)