PDA

View Full Version : Saving contacts prior to moving from BES to BIS

knipknup
08-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Hi, I am currently on BES using outlook and have several contacts that I would like to keep. However, I am moving off the BES onto a BIS plan but don't see how to move the contacts. Sync is disabled through the desktop manager while BES is active. BES won't be turned off yet but I'm not sure how to get the contact info from my BB to outlook once I cancel my outlook account that contains them. Is there something I need my system admin to do to enable this transfer from BES or some other way?

John Clark
08-19-2008, 10:48 PM
You can disable wireless reconcile of your contact list. Go into your contact list and go into options. Set the wireless reconcile to "no." You should be able to sync via cable after that. Also, you can make a backup using Desktop Manager.

drwtsn32
08-20-2008, 11:14 AM
If you're on BES then your contacts are probably already sync'd with Outlook, right? Why not export them from Outlook?

knipknup
08-20-2008, 09:24 PM
I had removed the bes account from my outlook so the contacts were gone from outlook but still on the BB. I just did a restore on the laptop and the account was restored. Then did an export of contacts to an excel spreadsheet. Thanks for the suggestions.