PDA

View Full Version : So my Curve let me down whilst on Holiday

Smatty
08-23-2008, 02:57 AM
Been improving my waterslide and pool volleyball skills with the Smatty family in the South of France, but being a diligent owner/boss of a small company, my curve was permanently on.

Had a mini crisis on the second last day, requiring email and phone contact with my top 10 customers, but after one call, and follow up email, the signal on my phone just showed the word - OFF

And now, whatever sim i put in the phone, still still occurs - has this happened to anyone else, do I need to send my lovely curve to the great unploughed and unplucked bush in the sky :cry:

jeremyckitching
08-23-2008, 04:43 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Curve 8320)

Usually when it says OFF it means that the wireless radio has been turned off. Check for an icon on the home screen that says Manage Connections. Select that icon and make sure there is a check next to Mobile Network.

cde3879
08-23-2008, 04:53 AM
My 8800 used to do that but as soon as I attempted to make a call it would ask me if I wanted to turn the radio back on again. Have you tried updating the firmware on the handset via desktop manager (you can download it from the BB site, just select your particular carrier) as that might help?

SpectreBlofeld
08-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Your phone didn't get wet during the fun, did it?

NJBlackBerry
08-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Yep "Off" means the Radio was turned "Off".

Go into Manage Connections and turn it back "On".

Sorry you had problems while on holiday.

Micpip
08-23-2008, 03:59 PM
More then likely its a battery issue. We have the same issue on phones that battery is bad or more often the battery got wet....look at the water indicator on the battery to see if has changed colors.

NJBlackBerry
08-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Or when it is running out of power.

rambo47
08-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Should we interpret the OP's silence as one of those embarrassing "Oops, the radio was off" moments? :oops:

Smatty
08-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Sorry folks, just this minute logged back on - my sim has just been put back in the curve, and it is currently booting up.

If this works, i will have a cyber party for you all

Smatty
08-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Oh my god, you lot are mint - superb, hats off, bow down to your knowledge.

(y):-)8-)

aapierre
08-25-2008, 05:36 PM
great website this

it even helps mackems.

Smatty
08-26-2008, 05:00 AM
great website this

it even helps mackems.

Care in the community for the underprivileged, that's why they let you in :razz:

Smatty
08-26-2008, 05:01 AM
Yep "Off" means the Radio was turned "Off".

Go into Manage Connections and turn it back "On".

Sorry you had problems while on holiday.

That's really nice of you, but be careful, as you will have to bear the responsibility of all BB problems in the world. It appears it was just me being a numpty :oops:

aapierre
08-26-2008, 05:41 AM
Care in the community for the underprivileged, that's why they let you in :razz:

yes, I'm always happy to help you guys from the land a sunder.

anyways, we'll keep the local rivalry to a light hearted nature and that way get to do what this website says on the tin - help each other.

good result for you guys on sat, by the way!