PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry unlocked through Att but service provider is Rogers

desaree
08-26-2008, 12:49 PM
ok, so i bought a blackberry 8700C on ebay and got it unlocked through At&t. I went on BB site to update the software on it and went through all the steps then as it was loading, this message came up: Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation. I have tryed over and over and nothing has worked. So now my BB is just a blank screen with the error 507 on it. I have contacted At&T and they can do nothing for me. Does anyone know, if i am through rogers but unlocked through At&t, should i be using the rogers software update or the At&T?

JSanders
08-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Welcome to the BBForums.

That has not nothing to do with unlocking. If it is unlocked, it is unlocked, period.

The error you are getting usually is in relation to the power to the USB port to which you are connected. Are you connected to your PC via a USB Hub or Monitor port or the front of the PC?

Connect the USB cable directly to the rear of the PC. Reboot all and try again.

OS 507 means no OS.

NJBlackBerry
08-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Welcome to BlackBerry Forums.

Very popular issues - the "search" function (in red at the top of the screen) would have helped, but anyway.

Unable to reconnect.. indicates a USB problem. Make sure that the BB is not connected through a USB hug, or try a different port.

The error 507 means that the BB has no handheld operating system on it.

Restart Desktop Manager, open Application Loader and try the load again.
Once it is done, you should be able to restore data from the backup taken in the very first step (it will be on your PC hard drive).

Good luck.

desaree
08-26-2008, 01:32 PM
so which software should i be downloading??

NJBlackBerry
08-26-2008, 01:44 PM
You should download the latest released software for the 8700 - there is a Sticky Thread at the Top of the General 8700 Forum with the location.

Follow the instructions to the letter.

desaree
08-26-2008, 02:09 PM
does it mean anything when the desktop manager says: Disabled
even when the BB is connected to the computer?

NJBlackBerry
08-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Does your BB show a 507 on it (from your first post)? There is nothing for Desktop Manager to detect.

Start Applications Loader, as suggested.

desaree
08-26-2008, 02:40 PM
I have tryed changing the usb cord to the back of the towers port, still gettin the same message. any suggestions??

ricpac
08-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Any other USB port? Any other PC?

JSanders
08-26-2008, 02:44 PM
per the previous posts here...And close DM, reboot the PC, perhaps also.

Simply moving the cable may not be all you need to do.

desaree
08-26-2008, 02:45 PM
I've tryed another computer, and a different USB cord it was the same message. Could it have anything to do with the software?

ricpac
08-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Ah restart! I forgot that! It's Windows ;-)

desaree
08-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Again! this is frustrating! i restarted and changed ports and it is still giving me this message