PDA

View Full Version : Synching....help please

NLM
08-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Can I synch BB Pearl 8120 to my Yahoo email account, specifically the address book ? tx

zerog46
08-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Yes, search the Yahoo page for the sync program, I don't know if it's OTA but you can with a USB Cable.

JSanders
08-26-2008, 02:02 PM
You will need Desktop Manager, yes.

NLM
08-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Tx v much. Could anyone guide me to simple steps to follow re the synching to Yahoo, sorry never done this before.....tx ( I have just installed Yahoo Sync on my PC)......

NLM
08-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Sorry, one additional question on the same theme yahoo, contacts etc

I can 'see' my Yahoo emails via the Messages icon on the handset (Pearl 8120) and the same via the Yahoo email. I have however not been able to access my Yahoo contacts details via the hanset....the attach link seems to suggest this is possible...am I missing something ??

Yahoo! Mail for BlackBerry® Smartphones. The best mobile mail. (http://mobile.yahoo.com/bb/mail/get)

Thanks in advance !

Nina (new BB user !)

JSanders
08-26-2008, 03:23 PM
That link ^^ only describes how to set your yahoo mail for a normal BIS account, no mention at all that I see of contacts.

You will need to sync your Address Book with Desktop Manager, and configure the sync to the Yahoo PIM.

Have you downloaded and installed the Desktop Manager yet?

1. Connect your BlackBerry® device to your computer.

2. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

3. Double-click Synchronize.

4. On the Configuration tab, click Configure synch.

5. Select the Address Book check box.

6. Select Setup and select Yahoo.

You can do this for Calendar as well, etc.

clevebb
08-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Or you can download Yahoo1 and you will have all your contacts accesible through the web.

JSanders
08-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Or you can download Yahoo1 and you will have all your contacts accesible through the web.

link for Yahoo1?

clevebb
08-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Sorry, it's Yahoo! Go which includes one search. Just go to yahoo.com with your phone browser. It's right on top. It may be an important app for some, but may be a waste of memory for others, just like every app.

clevebb
08-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Or from your PC for info Yahoo! Go. The best Internet experience for your phone. Period. (http://mobile.yahoo.com/go)

JSanders
08-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Thank you.

Or just sync per the OP's original request...

NLM
08-27-2008, 01:09 AM
Thanks everyone - synching worked perfectly as per JSanders instructions.

One final question if ok please......

I sync'd Yahoo: BB and all the addresses came across onto the device

Once I was happy everything was ok I tried synching Device:Yahoo (both ways) aiming to transfer some of the telephone numbers on my handset into my Yahoo......nothing came across this way........