PDA

View Full Version : PhoneCallLog_Data.csv

Manu Narayan
08-26-2008, 04:28 PM
I've found that my csv phonecalllog seems to not capture all of the data it should.

I find some users are completely omitted from the phonecallog csv file even though they have the same IT policy (default) that 90% of my users are members of.

Are there any other places where I can set which devices / users are logged?

For example, I never find myself in any of these logs, but my boss, (we are in the same IT policy) is always in the logs.

Thoughts?

CO_BBTechie
08-26-2008, 04:35 PM
In addition to BES minimum version requirements for logging, It's my understanding that each user you wish to monitor must have their hand held OS at 4.3 or greater.

Manu Narayan
08-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

My boss and I are running the same handheld OS version. An 8830 on T-Mobile running 4.2.2.180 (Which is the latest version from T-Mobile)

CO_BBTechie
08-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Odd indeed... And I'm assuming you're both on the same BES?

I would check BES policy, BES version, and hand held OS version. Beyond that I'm afraid I'm not much help.

Manu Narayan
08-26-2008, 04:58 PM
No worries, appreciate the response!

Yes, we're on the same bes server. We're running 4.1.4.15 (I know there's SP5 and SP6 out, planning to update soon.

We're both have the same IT policy applied. Same OS version. Bizarre.

Can't find much online regarding the phone lgos.

Thanks.

CO_BBTechie
08-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Have you in fact made/taken calls that you know should appear in the logs? You can also activate PIN & SMS logging. The phone logs by default are turned on in the default policy. The PIN & SMS logging are not.

Manu Narayan
08-26-2008, 05:56 PM
I have 5 calls in my local log from yesterday but non show up in the server log.

And I am just using myself and my boss as an example, but I'd say 25-40% of my BES users (I have about 120) are not showing up in the phone logs.

x14
08-26-2008, 07:22 PM
In IT Policy, PIM Synchronization policy group. Try setting "Disable Phone Call Log Wireless Synchronization" to False. Don't leave it at the default value.

Manu Narayan
08-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks, will give that a try and let everyone know.

Manu Narayan
08-27-2008, 01:48 AM
I've made that change on all of my IT policies, setting the "disable" policy to false for wireless phone logs.

I resent the IT policy to my device.

About 4 hours after such a change I've made 5 calls all of which do not appear in the log. My boss has made 3, his continue to show up.

mahoward
08-27-2008, 09:04 AM
I would check the sync and/or bkup logs as the call logs are stored locally on the device and uploaded to the server with the rest of the backup info. Do you have wireless backup disabled for your account?

Manu Narayan
08-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Where would I check wireless backup to be disabled or not? Would that be set via IT Policy? My wireless sync works fine on emails, calendar, contacts.

Manu Narayan
08-27-2008, 02:54 PM
I see for users who end up in the logs:
contain 1 record(s) and 3 command(s) from Backup.Phone Call Logs/Phone Hotlist

For me, the only thing I see in todays SYNC log is:
Contain 1 record(s) and 1 command(s) from Backup.Recipient Cache [Manu Narayan:337]

and its associated lines.

TreeDude
08-27-2008, 03:43 PM
I had no idea that calls could be logged. I feel like the noobiest admin ever.

Not to hijack the thread, but is it normal that people not assigned to a group, don't get logged? I only have 5 people in groups right now as I am waiting for the OK to pull the trigger on our new password policy. Those 5 people are logged, but no one else is.

Manu Narayan
08-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Any ideas here?