PDA

View Full Version : Broke Screen or Glass

Nic2271
08-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Hi
Can someone help me. I own a Blackberry 8100 and it was sat on and the screen has a crack. I can run my finger across the scratch/screen and I do not feel the indentation you would expect. My question is there a glass screen below the plastic one I am able to touch? I am looking on a site for replacement parts and I want to make sure that if I purchase the replacement body that it includes all of the covers.
I appreciate your help.

Nicolle

JSanders
08-26-2008, 10:16 PM
There is an LED screen inside, and hard plastic clear cover screen on the outside. It sounds like you need the front screen, not the housing, just the lens.

Check at HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center ß (http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com) and buy one, they are sponsors here and trustworthy guys.

fonejunkie
08-26-2008, 10:55 PM
I have not used HorizonWireless personally, but many here have, and they seem to be a good, reliable outfit. I have replaced the 'lens' over the LCD screen on several 83xx units - it a grand total of about 10 minutes each. I got my parts from CNN.CN, a company that I had purchased from previously (Motorola parts, etc)... and I got the lens for about $15 each, including shipping.

The process to repair is easy... carefully pry the old lens off the front shell of the 'berry. Be sure to remove the double-stick tape that is used to hold it in place. Then, using the new double-stick tape (included with the lens) and stick the lens in place. Press down to insure a good seal and you're done.