PDA

View Full Version : Moving pictures from device to memory card

dodgydane
08-28-2008, 03:32 AM
I have a customer with a device with a broken USB port meaning it can't be recognised by the pc.
They haven't performed a back up of the device and have loads of pictures on the device.
is there anyway of selecting all pictures on the device and moving them to the memory card or does it have to be done one by one?

Thanks.

olly666
08-28-2008, 03:49 AM
A customer? What business are you in?

You can easily replace the USB port (for under 5 bucks)... CNN.CN (http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-curve-830083108320-port-p-2500.html)

dodgydane
08-28-2008, 03:52 AM
mobile phones for businesses.
seems like a lot of trouble when the network will exchange your device for free?

olly666
08-28-2008, 03:53 AM
mobile phones for businesses.
seems like a lot of trouble when the network will exchange your device for free?
Yes but you would lose the pictures...

dodgydane
08-28-2008, 03:55 AM
well...I would have backed up the device first....I hope..... :)

olly666
08-28-2008, 04:01 AM
You could try getting everything off the device via bluetooth. Could be rather time consuming depending on how many pictures your customer has.

dodgydane
08-28-2008, 04:05 AM
Yeah that's what they are doing. There's 80 pictures so it's not too bad. Just tedious and it would have been easier if there was a "select all">"move to">"memory card".

Maybe there is but I'm just not clever enough to find it.
Brain is already on weekend. :)

olly666
08-28-2008, 04:09 AM
Brain is already on weekend.
I'm right there with you. :-)

Maybe there is a way, just not one that I know of. Cross your fingers and wait and see, another member might have the wisdom you seek.

monkeypaw
08-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Maybe try something like Flikr or Welcome to ITookThisOnMyPhone.com - Automatic Wireless Photo Upload (http://www.itookthisonmyphone.com/) to upload them. Would be a lot faster than blueooth each one. Flickr has a size limit though. itookthisonmyphone.com does not have a size limit. Just install their app and when looking at the pictures, hit the option key and then select "Send to ITookThisOnMyPhone". Pretty quick process since you don't have to wait until one uploads before you select the next one.

Once they get the new device they'd have to download each one to the phone from the website, or download them to computer and move them to the card. One annoying thing is the title of the picture is fine on the website but when you go to download it has the file name they're using to store it and have to manually rename it.

Actually just using the move command to move each one from the device memory to the card seems faster than using bluetooth.