PDA

View Full Version : OS 4.5: calendar reminders going away....

DrjonesUSA
08-28-2008, 07:59 PM
I upgraded my AT&T 8310 to 4.5.55 the other day and have noticed that calendar reminders only pop up once, maybe twice and then go away on their own - if I hit "snooze" once or twice, after maybe the second time, the reminder does not pop up again.

Any idea what's going on & how to fix?

Thanks!

Moonshadow
08-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Wirelessly posted (8130)

I had noticed with both my 8100 and 8130 with both older and newer OS's, if you don't respond to the reminder within a couple of hours it would just disappear. If I snooze it and ignore it for a few hours it will disappear as well.

DrjonesUSA
08-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Wirelessly posted (8130)

I had noticed with both my 8100 and 8130 with both older and newer OS's, if you don't respond to the reminder within a couple of hours it would just disappear. If I snooze it and ignore it for a few hours it will disappear as well.

Yes, that is exactly what I am experiencing.

Is there any way to stop that from happening?

Kazmi
08-29-2008, 10:53 AM
wierd but I have seen it happen on my 8830 with VZW also. I hear the specific alarm for the calendar, see the small calendar icon message on the top, but when I unlock the phone, it disappears instead of displaying the reminder. A battery pull seems to help but this is too random and I can't seem to understand what does or does not trigger it.

DrjonesUSA
08-29-2008, 01:00 PM
wierd but I have seen it happen on my 8830 with VZW also. I hear the specific alarm for the calendar, see the small calendar icon message on the top, but when I unlock the phone, it disappears instead of displaying the reminder. A battery pull seems to help but this is too random and I can't seem to understand what does or does not trigger it.

That would happen to me on rare occasion with my 8700 and a battery pull would fix it instantly.

That is not, however, what is happening to me now - what's happening is that after I hit snooze once or twice on a reminder, it just takes it upon itself to disappear.

Anybody else have any ideas??

Thanks!!

Moonshadow
08-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Yes, that is exactly what I am experiencing.

Is there any way to stop that from happening?

Not that I have ever found.

DrjonesUSA
09-11-2008, 08:31 PM
This stopped happening after I cleared/deleted the calendar databases and did a one-way sync FROM Outlook to my Blackberry.