PDA

View Full Version : Newbie help: Media Net

Ironcrowned
08-31-2008, 10:55 PM
Hello, everyone. I just got a BlackBerry 8310 about a week ago and I have to say that it is amazing.

There are a lot of things I still don't understand about it, however, so I was hoping that you guys would give me a hand.

I'd like to customize my Media Net beyond what is available in the "customization menu."

Aside from adding links manually, are there any other cool tricks to add things to Media Net? Or maybe someone could link me to a tutorial?

Thanks in advance!

ezrunner
09-01-2008, 05:54 AM
Wirelessly posted (off to see the wizard)

I have no clue I never use the medianet. I think its ability for custimization is limited though

holden
09-01-2008, 05:59 AM
Hello, everyone. I just got a BlackBerry 8310 about a week ago and I have to say that it is amazing.

There are a lot of things I still don't understand about it, however, so I was hoping that you guys would give me a hand.

I'd like to customize my Media Net beyond what is available in the "customization menu."

Aside from adding links manually, are there any other cool tricks to add things to Media Net? Or maybe someone could link me to a tutorial?

Thanks in advance!

Do you have two browsers? Media Net and Browser?
I use the regular browser for everything and rarely go into Media Net. I am sure there are others on the forum that can shed some light on Media Net. I don't use it either as the regular browser does everything.

Ironcrowned
09-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I have both the Browser and Media Net. I use Media Net for the weather and sometimes there are interesting news stories on the home page.

I was hoping to maybe customize it so that I can see the weather, some news, and then maybe something else of my choosing on the home page.

monkeypaw
09-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I have both the Browser and Media Net. I use Media Net for the weather and sometimes there are interesting news stories on the home page.

I was hoping to maybe customize it so that I can see the weather, some news, and then maybe something else of my choosing on the home page.

Try your AT&T online account. I used to have a Razr on AT&T and there were some settings I could change on the website. Things like adding new websites.

techluvr1234
09-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I don't think there's any more customization options than than what you've already seen and what other members are suggesting.

rambo47
09-02-2008, 09:58 PM
I agree with monkeypaw - use your computer to access your MEdia Net page and customize it there. Easier, and you can see all the options clearly.

On a side note, do you have the bona fide Blackberry data plan, or just the $15 MEdia Net smart phone plan?