PDA

View Full Version : SMS app

stlEMT
09-01-2008, 12:27 PM
hey i'm brand new to blackberry. I just got a 8100 unlocked and everything works great. my only problem is i'm getting the previous user's email. I use the gmail app anyway so this isn't too bad except i'm having to filter through these old user emails to get to my sms texts in the messenger app. is there anyway to stop these email's from coming in? or is there an app out there that i can put on just to deal with sms texting?

JSanders
09-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Wirelessly posted (8310; Category 5)

Yes. Call his carrier and have the PIN removed from his old account. Or he will need to do so.

stlEMT
09-01-2008, 04:18 PM
the problem is the previous owner got an iphone on a jailbreak so their carrier still thinks they own this blackberry.

TroyDBrown
09-01-2008, 04:39 PM
If you ever want your BlackBerry to work correctly you need to do what JSanders suggested above.

The previous owners cell carrier does not care the iPhone is on their network. FYI they already know it is.

stlEMT
09-01-2008, 05:04 PM
hmmm called her carrier, they told me to go to carrier.blackberry.com and reset everything. dont know the login and neither does she. did the forgot password and it sent a message to my phone saying your password is:

and thats it, no password, it's just blank. and they wont reset any info for me. grrrrr

stlEMT
09-01-2008, 06:16 PM
i called my carrier to get try and get the password reset. woman said she reset and it would be texted to me. but she reset my BILLING PASSWORD!!! UGH!!! who do i need to talk to? i've been struggling with this for weeks and whenever i call they have no idea what i am talking about!

TroyDBrown
09-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Is the carrier AT&T for both of you?

stlEMT
09-01-2008, 06:29 PM
unfortunately no, she is on t-mobile, i'm on att

TroyDBrown
09-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Call T-Mobile and ask to speak to BlackBerry support. Explain the situation and they should be able to help you. Be sure to get BlacKBerry support. A regualr rep is not going to be able to help you.

Even better if the past owner calls.

stlEMT
09-01-2008, 09:03 PM
called them and that was no help. good customer service just doesn't exist anymore. is there some sort of sms app i can install so i can just ignore the bb messenger app?

stlEMT
09-07-2008, 07:34 PM
well i was finally granted access to the account. i deleted the old emails however now i cannot add new addresses! anyone from tmobile able to help me out? i go into the "add email" section input my email address and password and click submit and it does nothing. however if i hit cancel it goes back to the previous screen, it's not a browser issue as i have tried safari, firefox, and flock. Anyone have any ideas?