PDA

View Full Version : Bold Vs. Iphone

Golfing
09-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Just purchased my first BB (Bold). I'm impressed. Then a co-worker showed me his Iphone he bought for about $60. 16gb memory!.
How can I convince my co-worker that the BB is Better?

Also, this looks like a great forum.....

TroyDBrown
09-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Wirelessly posted (TMO 8120 4.5.0.69)

Why do you have to convince your co worker?

stranger
09-01-2008, 04:00 PM
seems kind of petty to try and convince your co-worker. he must be showing you all kind of little tricks it does. send him a MMS or use stereo bluetooth and the argument is done.

Golfing
09-01-2008, 04:01 PM
We are both in communications and I want him to switch to the BB.
I'm glad I purchased the BB and it does what I need (plus more) it to do exceptionally well. I think the Iphone is more of a media entertainment device.

TroyDBrown
09-01-2008, 04:22 PM
*** Moved to BlackBerry Versus ***

ifonline
09-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Just purchased my first BB (Bold). I'm impressed. Then a co-worker showed me his Iphone he bought for about $60. 16gb memory!.
How can I convince my co-worker that the BB is Better?

Also, this looks like a great forum.....

1. A $60.00 iPhone? Hm...
2. Check here: BlackBerrius Maximus - part II - The Airport | CrackBerry.com (http://crackberry.com/blackberrious-maximus-airport)

ezrunner
09-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Wirelessly posted (off to see the wizard)

This is easy SIDEKICK wins duuuuh

cueball
09-04-2008, 01:03 PM
To me, iPhone's are just toys that only work part of the time!

drewsb
09-04-2008, 01:16 PM
"Cut and Paste"

displacedtexan
09-04-2008, 02:58 PM
We are both in communications and I want him to switch to the BB.
I'm glad I purchased the BB and it does what I need (plus more) it to do exceptionally well. I think the Iphone is more of a media entertainment device.
It is. Look at most of the owners, and what they love, the "fun" stuff.

It all comes down to what you use it for. I don't care about all that stuff. I want PIM functions, documents, email, & stability. That's why I ave used Treos, and am ordering a BB...

Berry One
09-04-2008, 07:15 PM
If you need device for emailing, just read this: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1603761

Be warned- page loads very slow, too many unhappy iPhone users.

taztex
09-05-2008, 09:59 AM
The iPhone is just a media player with phone/email duct taped on. I had one for 4 months and finally had to bite the bullet and pay another $300 for a real phone because I couldn't stand it. I was constantly hanging up on clients and meetings because my face would hit the end call or hold "buttons". Now that I have the BB Curve, I only use the iPhone to watch vids or listen to music on the plane. Yes, the iPhone is sexier, but if you use your phone for anything business related I suggest you steer clear. I'm sure the iPhone suits most user needs just fine but I'm in consulting and use my phone for work as much, if not more than my laptop.

Quick question....
Will the Bold finally be able to auto-detect timezone changes and update the clock? I love my Curve but I still think it's pretty F'ing stupid they can't figure out how to adjust the phone's clock based on area you are in like every other cell phone that's come out in the last 10 years.

And don't give me that "won't sync up correctly with email/calendar" BS... Time zones are stored on messages/events in MS Exchange.

I know it's a small gripe for such a great phone, but I travel to a different city/country almost every week and I have called in late or completely missed meetings because I got used to all my previous phones updating automatically.

Frank Castle
09-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Isn't the setting under Options, Date/Time, Date/Time Source:

Used for the timezone change? I have mine to network and swore it adjusted when I moved from EST to MTN

mrobert
09-11-2008, 04:37 AM
Things I loved about the iPhone.

- Friend takes a photo of me and my girlfriend. Not being a techy person, I try to transfer the photo from her iPhone to my Windows Mobile PDA. No luck. I call-up a good friend who is an uber apple geek/guru and ask him to help. Answer: You can't do that. Try sending it by email. But email wasn't configured on the phone. I thought about MMS then. That wasn't available also.

- NO copy & paste? Seriously? This one is enough for me.

- No videocalls and they call it 3G? I do like to place video calls from time to time.

Not to mention is costs around $400 on a $80 monthly subscription.

test54
09-11-2008, 08:12 AM
WM pda? ouch lost me at that. Also no BB has video calling, and yes 3G on it is fast, fast enough to send an email if you or your friend had taken the 30 seconds to set up email.

Frank Castle
09-11-2008, 08:37 AM
I think Bold/Iphone will represent a small portion of the overall consumer market mainly due to price. The new pearl flip and the LG rumor are very consumer focused and if priced right will sell like crazy.

mrobert
09-11-2008, 01:31 PM
@<hidden>: WM has a good choice, as BB is only available in my country in the past 2 years or so. I need something I could use for email/calendar/tasks/notes, and integrate with Outlook.
I don't miss the videocall on my BB. I can't really pretend more for the $28 I paid for it :)
As for the iPhone ... I don't feel like going through much hassle, just to beam 1 photo.

@<hidden>: In my country (Romania), the iPhone starts from around $300 (on a $90 monthly subscription) and can end up as high as $1000 without a subscription.
I can get a wonderfull BB and an ASUS Eeepc for thay money, and be better off.

Christie83
09-18-2008, 04:16 PM
I like the iPhone because it is extremely easy to use and the browser kicks butt.. But, I never would have bought one, my sister gave it to me for my bday. I don't do business on it, just personal stuff. Just one email. And it works fine... I am still very curious about BlackBerrries...hence coming to this forum. Both my brother and my mom have/have had them...and my mom wouldn't give hers up for the iPhone...

mrobert
09-18-2008, 05:07 PM
@<hidden>: Don't you know it's a good thing to listen to your mom? ;)

Christie83
09-19-2008, 08:36 AM
Hahaha! :)

SingSong
12-10-2008, 05:44 AM
Keyboard short cuts on BBs rock! You can launch just about any application with a single click of a keyboard button! It's all about productivity, productivity, productivity...