PDA

View Full Version : I need help with clearing addresses

sokrzesik
09-04-2005, 10:50 PM
hi i just bought a new blackberry from someone and i love it. the only problem is that the previous owner had a lot of people stored in it and i want to et rid of all them but dont want to do it one by one. so is there anyway to clear all of his stuff out from it so i cn out in my stuff. thanks

Soapm
09-04-2005, 11:56 PM
You have to use desktop manager... Go into intellisync ==> configure PIM. I'm going by memory but i think you select address book then on the bottom right select configure ==> handheld options. Look for something in there to erease the address book.

dodgydane
09-05-2005, 03:54 AM
I would wipe the handheld by going into options>security>click the track wheel>wipe handheld.
That should set it back to "out of the box" factory settings and you can then set it to sync with your own details.

Zro
09-05-2005, 10:03 AM
If the handheld is not running 4.0 and you don't have the "Wipe Handheld" option, you can just set a password and enter it in 10 times wrong.

If you just want to clear the address book, install desktop manager, connect the BlackBerry, go into backup and restore, click advanced, highlight the address book on the right side, and click the clear button. This will clear just the address book database.

You can also download the handheld software from your wireless provider and go through the Application loader process. when it get's to the backup part, select to not automatically backup, then when you see the advanced button, click it and select to erase all currently installed applications and data. This will also put it in an "out of the box" state.

If you want to clear EVERYTHING off the BlackBerry, set a password, open up application loader and when it asks for the password, put it in wrong 10 times. This will wipe off all applications and give you a 507 error when the BlackBerry reboots. This essentially means there is no operating system on it.

NOTE: The above will NOT remove IT policies, passwords, locks, etc. Only the actual operating system and all associated applications and data.

Zro

Soapm
09-05-2005, 10:40 AM
If you just want to clear the address book, install desktop manager, connect the BlackBerry, go into backup and restore, click advanced, highlight the address book on the right side, and click the clear button. This will clear just the address book database.

Zro

Teach me to post from memory, I was way off but this is what I was thinking about. Sorry...

BlackberryTechAgent
09-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Actually you do not have to do ANY of these things to remove the address book, etc. All you have to do is open Desktop Manager, Open Backup and Restore, Click the Advanced Button, and on the Right Hand Side of the screen you will see Handheld Databases which will list everything that is currently on the phone. All you have to do is hilight the items you want to erase and click the Clear button below that screen.

Nextel User
09-06-2005, 02:51 PM
is there an echo in here....

i would use the javaloader in your case since you bought it from someone else. wipe it clean and install the latest software. also make sure you have the latest version of the desktop running.

KWADHWAN
09-10-2005, 09:43 AM
I would wipe the handheld by going into options>security>click the track wheel>wipe handheld.
That should set it back to "out of the box" factory settings and you can then set it to sync with your own details.

THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE BEST AND EASIEST way of deleting all the personal info off the Blackberry (7100) and getting rid of those annoying null error message and owner dead thread!

after 5 hours this finally did the trick!

thanks,
Kapil