PDA

View Full Version : 7250 Internet (Verizon) Question

pbclarkz
09-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Hi,
Thank you in advance for any help you folks can give me.

I have been looking at the Blackberry 7250 for a few months now and almost pulled the trigger yesterday at a Verizon store..However, when I went to test the internet on the Blackberry, it was EXTREMELY/PAINFULLY slow to load webpages such as ESPN and The Weather Channel. Is this normal? The hourglass was there for a while. The salesperson said it was because the Blackberry used a diff. network for the internet than say the other handhelds. The internet is not my main concern but I would like to be able to see these sites.
Please let me know if you have any advice here...My options are T-Mobile and Cingular (7100 series).

Thank you,

T. Clark

jibi
09-05-2005, 02:02 PM
EVDO will soon be available on the Verizon 7250. This will have improved loading times... MUCH faster than the current GPRS/EDGE network from Cingular and T-Mobile. The 7250 is also the most powerful BlackBerry available. The only things you gain from Cingular and TMO are worse coverage areas and cheaper plan prices...

southwestcomm
09-05-2005, 08:00 PM
The 7250 is the most powerful? Where did you get that from?

jibi
09-05-2005, 08:35 PM
it has the fastest processor, yes. you can look at benchmarks, read technical reviews, etc. of it to find out that information. it will remain the fastest proc in the line until the Electron is released.

pbclarkz
09-07-2005, 11:55 PM
Thank you.
I got the 7250 today, resisting the discounted 7100 from T-Mobile...
LOVE IT.
The web is not as bad as it was in the store that day but EVDO would make me even happier. I guess you learn what sites give you what info. and which ones will be faster...
The only weird thing is ..why do I hear it dialing like every 5 minutes? It is off but I swear I hear it dialing...maybe it is just late..

Thanks again,

TC

specializedpimp
09-10-2005, 07:47 AM
I have both a 7250 from verizon and a 7520 from nextel. I think verizon's internet is a bit faster......still not sure. I only have nextel till the end of the month, then NO MORE NEXTEL!!!!!!!!!! HOOORAY! Bastards! anyhow,....lol

My question, what is EVDO?

smbyers
09-11-2005, 12:31 AM
Thank you.
I got the 7250 today, resisting the discounted 7100 from T-Mobile...
LOVE IT.
The web is not as bad as it was in the store that day but EVDO would make me even happier. I guess you learn what sites give you what info. and which ones will be faster...
The only weird thing is ..why do I hear it dialing like every 5 minutes? It is off but I swear I hear it dialing...maybe it is just late..

Thanks again,

TC

I have the BB 7250 from VZW. No dialing as you described. Did you purchase the unlimited data plan?