PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a BB

wejjywej
09-07-2008, 08:02 PM
So, I'm getting sick of my sidekick (unprofessional, too childish, etc..) and I'm really looking into getting a BlackBerry but I'm not sure where to start.

I have T-Mobile and I'm looking at the BB Curve Sunset. I read some reviews, and it's supposedly a good phone.

How much does a Curve Sunset usually run on the market? And how much is T-Mobile selling it for (without a 2year contract)?

Also - something I'm not sure of: I want a data plan with internet and unlimited text messaging; which plan is that?

Dubdub
09-07-2008, 08:15 PM
So, I'm getting sick of my sidekick (unprofessional, too childish, etc..) and I'm really looking into getting a BlackBerry but I'm not sure where to start.

I have T-Mobile and I'm looking at the BB Curve Sunset. I read some reviews, and it's supposedly a good phone.

How much does a Curve Sunset usually run on the market? And how much is T-Mobile selling it for (without a 2year contract)?

Also - something I'm not sure of: I want a data plan with internet and unlimited text messaging; which plan is that?

I suggest you check out the FAQ for at least 2 articles. the first, "Why do I need a data plan" and the second "Buying a used BB off of eBay". these will give you some very good info. There are probably other articles there that will help as well.

JSanders
09-07-2008, 08:18 PM
The FAQ referred to is link below in my signature.

The Sunset is a good device, you should like it.

As far as plans, I am not aware of a combined TMo plan for the BB Data Plan and text messaging. They are normally two separate add-ons.

wejjywej
09-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the responses guys.

I would PREFER to buy a phone off a legit retailer like T-Mobile or a cellphone store, but the price is what? 200 more than those that go on the market?

Is the instant discount and rebate on T-Mobile only with the 2 yr contract? The average price for a curve sunset on craigslist is about 250-300.

holden
09-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Wait for a Bold... *IMHO*

http://www.nettechonline.net/images/bb/joke/dirty-harry-clint-eastwood2.jpg

wejjywej
09-07-2008, 08:48 PM
That's what I was waiting for except for the fact that last time I checked, there was skeptism on the release in the US for T-Mobile

Is there any updates on when its coming out? Jan of 09?

holden
09-07-2008, 09:03 PM
That's what I was waiting for except for the fact that last time I checked, there was skeptism on the release in the US for T-Mobile

Is there any updates on when its coming out? Jan of 09?

You can always goto At&t for a contract... Unless you have lousy coverage in your area...

wejjywej
09-07-2008, 09:34 PM
I already have a Tmobile contract

JSanders
09-07-2008, 10:06 PM
I don't think you'll see the Bold on retail from Tmo in the next 3-4 months, at least, if even then.

Dubdub
09-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Also keep in mind that the ATT BOLD will only operate on EDGE on T-MO, not 3G/ TMO's 3G network operates on a different frequency.

rachamphetamine
09-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Blackberry Minutes and Mail has unlimited text and data (internet, email) plus 1000 minutes. No nights/weekends. There is no unlimited internet/text plan such as with the Sidekick Unlimited plan - you can add the 19.99 internet plan plus 15.00 unlimited texts onto your voice plan. That's as close as you'll get.

Also, I switched from a Sidekick 3 to the 8800 and am now waiting for the Sunset Curve to arrive in the mail. I don't regret the switch to a Blackberry at all.

Horizon Wireless
09-08-2008, 04:19 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 11000 Colosol)

Well, if Tmo is not getting the Bold, they most certainly get the Javelin. A much leaner, sexier device if I ever saw one. I'm looking forward to that one.

ricpac
09-08-2008, 04:31 AM
Javelin for me too as I found the Bold was too big for my prehensile hands :cry:

The BlackBerry Kid
09-08-2008, 06:14 AM
the sunset curve it 199.99 for the 2 years, but you are eligible for a uprade at 12 months. unlimited data is 19.99 a month.