PDA

View Full Version : 8300 Sporadic email arrivals.

away
09-08-2008, 11:56 AM
I recently upgraded to the latest OS for the 8300 and have been enjoying the majority of the changes even though they're mostly subtle. (was previously running original OS from a year ago)

Anyhow, the same day I also upgraded to the newest version of gmail mobile. Well ever since I've been getting my emails sporadically in my BB email folder. I'll receive no emails (no notifications) for hours only to open the gmail app and there's five new emails. In addition, I select "exit" gmail everytime instead of simply hitting the back key and leaving it running. When I reload gmail the next time, things aren't reconciled that I've done online unless I specifically hit refresh. But since it just loaded from scratch shouldn't it automatically check an reconcile on the spot?

I'm guessing these problems are revolving around the newest version of gmail and not the new OS.

Any thoughts?

PS: Battery life is definitely worse than my previous OS.

John Clark
09-08-2008, 12:00 PM
did this just start today? I've noticed some gmail issues today.

away
09-08-2008, 12:06 PM
No, it started Saturday actually.

It's gotta be the gmail interferring.

Under gmail setting I have unchecked "notify me when there is a new email" since I should get the notification from the BB email folder anyway.

extraducksauce
09-08-2008, 12:10 PM
i've had intermittent patches of no "gmail service" lately. but, i manually configured my imap account (see below) and e-mails seem to working great now. hope that helps.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9210/logo1pq7.gif (http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=78882)
To configure IMAP access for your BlackBerry, just follow these steps:

1. Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings.
2. From your BlackBerry home screen, select the BlackBerry Set-up icon, then choose Personal Email Set-up. (On older devices, just look for the Personal Email Set-up icon.)
3. Select Personal Email Set-up.
4. Accept Terms and Conditions.
5. On the 'Email Account Set-up' page, enter your full email address (including '@<hidden>' or '@<hidden>') but leave the 'Password:' field blank. Select Next.
6. You'll see a screen that says 'We were unable to configure [username@<hidden>].' Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
7. Select Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP), then Next.
8. Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
9. You'll see 'The BlackBerry Internet Service could not configure [username@<hidden>] email account.' Select Provide The Settings to continue.
10. In the 'User name:' field, enter your full email address (including '@<hidden>'). Google Apps users, please enter your full email address at your domain. Then enter your password in the 'Password:' field.
11. In the 'Email server:' field, enter 'imap.gmail.com,' then select Next. Google Apps users should enter the server name provided; don't add your domain name in this step.
12. If IMAP access was successfully configured, select OK.
13. Below your newly added Gmail address, select Edit.
14. Select Advanced Settings at the bottom.
15. Make sure the port is set to '993' and 'Use SSL' is set to 'Yes.'
16. Select Save.

There should now be a new mailbox icon on your BlackBerry home screen labeled with your Gmail address. Once you see this icon, follow these steps to ensure proper configuration:

1. Open the mailbox icon.
2. Open the menu by pressing the jog wheel or BlackBerry menu button, then select Options.
3. Select Email Reconciliation.
4. Confirm the following settings:
* Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld
* Wireless Reconcile: On
* On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins
5. Select Save.
6. Check our recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.

extraducksauce
09-08-2008, 12:12 PM
No, it started Saturday actually.

It's gotta be the gmail interferring.

Under gmail setting I have unchecked "notify me when there is a new email" since I should get the notification from the BB email folder anyway.

do you have pop3 AND imap enabled?

away
09-08-2008, 12:24 PM
do you have pop3 AND imap enabled?

Kindly where could I determine that from?