PDA

View Full Version : Software loading errors

Kerry Seeling
09-08-2008, 08:33 PM
I am a new Blackberry owner and having trouble loading the software. When I start loading it, there is a "error1325" then I go to google to look it up, find the "cure" download it then get "error 1327" look it up find the "cure" they want $29.99. Is there somewhere to go to fix all the problems or am just being crazy?

JSanders
09-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Greetings, and welcome to the BBF.

What was the "cure", seems by not telling us what you did, you're leaving out a key to the issue.

Where do you get the errors 1325 and 1327? On the PC or the BB?

Are you loading an OS (what filename?) or Desktop Manager?

Kerry Seeling
09-08-2008, 09:57 PM
I am loading the software that came with the blackberry 8330, Desktop manager. When I load the disc it goes through the windows installer then comes up with "Error 1325.documents is not a valid short file name" After I downloaded a fix for this error Smart Registry then it came up with "error 1327" and it would cost me $30.00 to fix????? I am flustered. May just send it back. I really don"t know how these forums work.

Sorry

JSanders
09-08-2008, 10:07 PM
How these forums work? You ask a question, hopefully you get an answer. Quite interestingly, often, the amount of detail you give of your symptoms and issues will equal the amount of helpful responses you receive.

Now, what was this 'fix' and 'cure' you downloaded?

Oh, and who is wanting to charge you $30 to fix it. I assume, since you are saying, it is RIM? Did you call them direct for help, rather than your carrier first?

You can get great help here, believe me, I see it day in and day out, hundreds of times a day. But again, you need to clearly state what is happening. Going to a doctor and stating simply " I hurt and my cure didn't work" won't get your far there either.

For your OS install problem--is your PC running Vista?

Kerry Seeling
09-08-2008, 10:16 PM
I am running XP Pro. The first fix was a free download Smart Registry. It fixed the "error 1325" problem. Then came the "error 1327" problem, when I tried to load the software again. Then I searched in google under error 1327 blackberry and another fix came up, I don't remember the name as I did not download it for $30.00. I can wait till the morning and contact the store I bought the Blackberry from. Sorry if I am not being enough to the point, but I am not sure what to include as I have not been to this forum thing before.

JSanders
09-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Never heard of Smart Registry. I would uninstall that, and let's stick to installing Desktop Manager on your PC.

You can download the latest version of Desktop Manger here:
BlackBerry Desktop Manager Downloads - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Desktop_Manager_Downloads)

I would recommend the version 4.6, withOUT Media Manager. Download it to your PC. It will be a filename ending in "exe". Watch where you download it to on your PC, find it and double-click on it to install.

Kerry Seeling
09-08-2008, 10:42 PM
I am downloading it now. Will try it in the am as i have been on the road for 6 days nows. Thanks for your help. Will come back and let you know how it went.

JSanders
09-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Good luck. (y)

Kerry Seeling
09-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks again