PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is going on?

Magnum
09-08-2008, 09:27 PM
AT&T 8300 w/ 4.5.0.55, DM is 4.6 [DM shouldn't matter though]. I've searched, but no real answers, and hardly anyone says what model / provider they have ;-).

Anyway, the multiple calendars would be cool if it worked right with a Google sync. I need to be able to use Outlook 2007 as my primary, but my family also has a google calendar setup that I have full access too and want to sync.

When I go into the google calendar on the BB it will not let me change ''Wireless Synchronization'' to ''Yes'' under the google calendar or any calendar for that matter. I have changed defaults via options > advanced options > default services, deleted and re-added service books, blah, blah, blah....... Google sync program via m.google.com/sync does not work with 4.5.0.55, it won't even let me get to a download page, ''Device Not Supported'' "Sorry, Google Sync is not supported on your device.
"

Is 4.5.0.55 that friggin' buggy with Google Sync?

I tried to go down to 4.5.0.xx but when I load up the DM it does not prompt me for an upgrade, and I assume it is because it is a down grade and when I manually try to downgrade [like the old days] it doesn't work either......

Sucks if it really is this buggy, really kills the experience :x. On a side note everything else works great!

Considering trying to get the wife's pearl going, but I wonder if it will be the same just wasting more time....!

TIA.

JSanders
09-08-2008, 09:48 PM
If you still want to downgrade the OS, make sure the newer OS is uninstalled from the PC (using Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs), and have the older OS installed to the PC (vendor.xml file deleted as usual).

Please watch your language in the threads, we're a family and professional site.

Thanks.

Magnum
09-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Sorry for the exploit :oops: and thanks for keeping me in check.

I will give that a try tomorrow evening and see if I can get any closer to a resolution with google sync. It reads here like some people have issues and some don't with 4.5.0.55.

Thanks again.

bbman911
09-08-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm running 4.5.52 so my experience might be different but I had a similar issue with multiple calendars not working and it was an issue with Google Sync, not my BB. The latest Google Sync is .4.6. When I upgraded the Google Updater still had an old version so you may need to go the the google download site to get it. Just install .4.6, sync once and then when you look in the settings, you should see the rest of your google calendars to select to sync.

Also, set your browser emulator to Blackberry mode, not IE and that should resolve the Google Sync is not supported on your device error.

Oh and this has nothing to do with the "wireless sync" option, mine is grayed out but I can easily sync my calendars.

Magnum
09-09-2008, 12:00 AM
bbman911 - Thanks for the info, changing to the BB browser allowed me to download google sync but maybe I was confused........I thought that you could split up the calendars, meaning what appt's the family in the google calendar would show under the google calendar that comes with the service packs and ''my'' calendar could be the ''primary''. Now again, I might be confused but I thought the whole point of multiple calendars would be so you could keep them separate.....kind of like the email reply RIM came up with years ago when you have multiple email address' on your BB.... Hmmmmmm.....................

It worked and synced the way you explained it though.

bbman911
09-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I thought the same thing and was a bit disappointed that it isn't supported...based on what I know about the subject (which is admittedly limited) this is a google calendar/sync issue since it only supports the primary calendar...same thing is true of the desktop calendar sync app that they put out.