PDA

View Full Version : Moving from BES to BIS

justinfielding
09-09-2008, 05:59 AM
One of our users has temporarily moved from BES to BIS while the Exchange server he uses is undergoing repairs. We have installed Blackberry Desktop for him so that he can continue to sync up his contacts/calendar from Outlook via USB.

When we try to sync, Blackberry Desktop complains that the handset is configured for wireless sync. How do we overcome this?

Dubdub
09-09-2008, 06:17 AM
Did you remove the user from the BES first? My guess is that you probably also need to remove the IT Policy.

justinfielding
09-09-2008, 06:26 AM
His BES and Exchange server are down; that's why mail is being rerouted to a POP server at the moment and he's using BIS to pick it up.

Does he need to send service books from the BIS interface?

Michael Rykowski
09-09-2008, 07:55 AM
I would say go back to basics. I would first backup the device. Then reinstall the OS. and set it up like a new device.

takeshi
09-09-2008, 09:23 AM
When we try to sync, Blackberry Desktop complains that the handset is configured for wireless sync. How do we overcome this?
You should be able to change this in the sync settings in DM. You might need to change them on the BB itself as well (under address book, calendar, etc).

I would say go back to basics. I would first backup the device. Then reinstall the OS. and set it up like a new device.
While this is the safest approach it shouldn't be necessary unless you're having some unusual problems.