PDA

View Full Version : having problems using missing sync to sync entourage calendar with my pearl

minj
09-09-2008, 11:45 AM
it was working fine before, but I rebooted my BB 8100 and this is the error message I get when I try to sync with entourage using missing sync.

you referenced the following records (in a relationship) but did not actually push them: (VDFFFFFEE)
Plugin Calendar did not complete.
BlackberryUSBDevice: dealloc
BlackberryUSBDevice::closeDevice
BlackberryUSBDevice::writeMessage type=Close device (19)
Wrote 8 bytes to device (messageType = 19)
Read 8 bytes from device

has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?

thanks!

vidmaster99
09-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Backup up in the log before that error, you should see an entry with:

Summary (VDFFFFFEE), then an event name and date.

Delete that event from the Mac or more likely the BlackBerry, Soft reset your BlackBerry. Turn it off, pull the battery for 3 minutes, put it back and turn on.

Then try the sync again.

minj
09-09-2008, 08:16 PM
the event was a reoccurring event and I was able to delete the events going forward but not in the past so it's still show up. my error msg now says

Detached event V0658B94C missing parent record. Parent id should be VDFFFFFEE
Summary = DA Soccer; Start date = 2008-09-08 13:45:00 America/New_York
Main event record VDFFFFFEE missing.
Beginning sync session for client: com.markspace.missingsync.blackberry.Calendar_24-22-4A-7C
Setting filters.
About to push all records for com.apple.calendars.Calendar
Pushing records
About to push all records for com.apple.calendars.Event
Pushing records
About to push all records for com.apple.calendars.AudioAlarm
Pushing records
About to push all records for com.apple.calendars.DisplayAlarm
Pushing records
About to push all records for com.apple.calendars.Recurrence
Pushing records
Preparing to pull sync services changes.
you referenced the following records (in a relationship) but did not actually push them: (00000023, 00000006, 00000009, VDFFFFFEE, 00000010, 00000013)
Plugin Calendar did not complete.
BlackberryUSBDevice: dealloc
BlackberryUSBDevice::closeDevice
BlackberryUSBDevice::writeMessage type=Close device (19)
Wrote 8 bytes to device (messageType = 19)
Read 8 bytes from device

Any ideas? the soft booting helped with my earlier problem with BB8100 calendar not saving on first try (gave me a funny net.rim... readonly msg).

vidmaster99
09-10-2008, 01:38 PM
A Mac overwrite sync of the BlackBerry calendar for one sync would be one way to go.

If you have data on the BlackBerry that isn't on the Mac, you could try the Sync Services reset steps;

1. Go to iCal and click the 'File' menu and choose 'Back up iCal'
2. Now revert to the same database you just backed up, click on the 'File' menu and choose 'Restore iCal'
3. Do the same process for Address Book click the 'File' menu and choose 'Export - Address Book Archive'
4. Now revert to the same database you just backed up, click on the 'Import' menu and choose 'Address Book Archive'

Steps 1 through 4 are key to the process, they are not just a backup, but the revert part forces a reset of the relationship between Sync Services and iCal and Address Book.

5. Launch the iSync application, found in the /Applications/ folder. (iSync is not used for the sync, but iSync is where Apple handles Sync Services Preferences.)
6. Click on the iSync menu
7. Choose Preferences
8. Click the 'Reset Sync History' button. Read and follow the onscreen directions.
9. This may or may not launch iCal. When the reset process has begun the button will go grey, it is complete when the button becomes active again, but there is no need to re-click it.
10. Restart the Mac
11. Soft reset your BlackBerry. Turn it off, pull the battery for 3 minutes, put it back and turn on.
12. In Missing Sync for BlackBerry, double click the Calendar plugin and reselect the calendar for the field: "Put events created on the device into:"
13. In Missing Sync for BlackBerry, double click the Tasks plugin and reselect the calendar for the field: "Put Tasks created on the device into:"

On your Mac (in the Finder), go to the Go menu and select Go to Folder:

Paste in this location:

~/Library/Application Support/Missing Sync for BlackBerry/Calendar/

Move the file Calendarxxx.db to the trash.

Then, try the sync again.

minj
09-10-2008, 08:29 PM
thank you!!! (y) you rock!

you wouldn't know how to keep emails from disappearing (daily) from my email log on my 8100 now would you?