PDA

View Full Version : 8110 using BIS

scottda
09-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Hi,

Got the wife a 8110 (she only wanted it because it was pink!), anyway finally convinced her to use it as a Blackberry and not just a phone. Set her up on a BIS (using 02 here in the UK) and synced her POP3 mails to the phone.....all was good for a couple of months. She would get the headers down and choose to bring the rest of the mail down if she wished.

I then installed the Blackberry desktop manager to backup the device and sync her calendar items to the device which all worked fine. However all of her mail notifications stopped.

I set up the BIS again and now she seems to get notifications of new mails intermittently....any ideas?

Thanks
Darren.

JSanders
09-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Welcome to the BBForums.

Do you use Outlook on the PC to sync, and it also receives the email?
Read this: Some email comes to my BB and some does not - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Some_email_comes_to_my_BB_and_some_does_not)

scottda
09-11-2008, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the response JSanders...i have read the article and this is something i will take a look at as i am sure we are purging from the POP3 server when they are bought down to her outlook on her pc. However i dont think this is the cause as we dont get notified of new mail even when her pc is switched off for long durations...i.e all day long so they cannot be transferred and purged from the POP3 server before the BB is aware of them?

Thanks
Darren

JSanders
09-11-2008, 12:47 AM
Likely not under that scenario, but make the Outlook settings as mentioned and see how it goes, and let's narrow it down from there.

scottda
09-18-2008, 12:57 AM
this is still happening...everything was fine using the BIS till i used desktop manager to sync her calendar to the BB device?