PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card space is reported incorrectly

hyedipin
09-11-2008, 11:18 AM
I have 2GB SD in my 8300, on windows when I check the size, it says 550MB when I select all and check the folder, but in the removable disk section it shows I have only 190MB space available and 1.7gb used... Really weird.

Has anyone experienced this problem? I will eventually format the memory card but just wanted to see if it is possible to fix without a format.

Thanks.

hyedipin
09-12-2008, 08:43 AM
I just formatted the sucker.

rambo47
09-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Windows may not see some files if they have unrecognized file extensions. Just one more of the many "Wonders of Windows". Thanks, Bill.

Lord Palmerston
09-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Windows may not see some files if they have unrecognized file extensions. Just one more of the many "Wonders of Windows". Thanks, Bill.

That was my first thought. You're probably going to have to hook it up to the computer and see if there are any pre-loaded files on there. I know I had a similar problem with my 1GB memory stick.

hyedipin
09-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Not only windows, Blackberry also reported the same available/used space.
When I ran scandisk, i noticed that Blackberry left a lot of junk behind when I deleted files, most likely videos or pictures that it deleted (but actually did not). They were not viewable.