PDA

View Full Version : Replying to messages on blackberry

Murtagh
09-12-2008, 10:29 AM
I have a user that when trying to reply to a message on his 8820 it only gives the option of save draft. Doesn't give him the option to add anyone to the email, or attach files.

If he creates a new message he gets all the options that are on the menu.

I've checked all the settings on the blackberry and they are the same as the one I use. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Patrick

juwaack68
09-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Sounds like he has a corrupt service book.

Have him delete then undelete the Desktop[CMIME] service book on his device. You could also push new service books to his device from the BES.

jjmach
09-12-2008, 11:24 AM
You can also try to create a new encryption key, either on the device itself (Options -> Security Options-> General Settings -> Scroll down to services and press the blackberry button and select Regenerate Encryption Key)
Or using DM

CO_BBTechie
09-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Yup... If you scroll to the top of the message header in an email they cannot reply to, it likely says "received by: unknown"

Murtagh
09-15-2008, 02:10 PM
I wanted to thank everyone for their quick responses.

We just recently changed from Groupwise to Exchange, and in the process, we disabled junkmail folders. Somehow this person figured out how to turn junkmail back on and this was why he couldn't respond. I was finally able to check the blackberry and BBTechie hit it right on the head. After I saw the "received by: unknown" I saw it came from the junkmail folder instead of the desktop folder like it was supposed to.

Thanks again everyone.
Patrick