PDA

View Full Version : VZW Data Problem

dhendriksen
09-12-2008, 10:31 AM
First of all mods, sorry this is a double post. I posted this a few days ago in the technical forum and got on 46 views and no response. Just posting here to see if I can get any "action".

Hey guys, hopefully you can help me with this. I just switched from T-Mobile to Verizon Wireless last week, and about 80% of the time I try and browse the web I get the message "A communication failure occurred with the selected Mobile Data Service. Ther server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your administrator". This message pops up about 80% or 90% of the time. I know I have a data connection because Opera Mini works fine, and google maps works fine. I also have full connection with my BES and BIS. The BES doesn't have any restrictions, and last week my T-Mobile phone never had this problem, so I don't think it is on the BES. I am running OS 4.5.0.101 (application version 4.5.0.77 I believe). I have tried battery pulls, deleting the history, cookies, and cache. I have tried deleting the "blackberry browsing internet service" service book and resending, all to no avail. Verizon wireless customer service said everything is fine on that end, and they recommend a reinstall of the OS. They obviously don't know I am using OS 4.5. The problem with the OS install is the fact that my BES admin must issue another activation password, and he is ready to kill me. Before leaving T-Mobile I got 4 new devices in two weeks, then got this one, and then did an OS upgrade. All of which required a new password.

Can anyone think of anything I can try to get this browser working? I am willing to try anything. Your expertise is very much appreciated.

Oh, I should also mention I am using an 8330.

dhendriksen
09-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Oh, I might also add that I can almost always pull up the blackberry bookmarks. I can also click on any link in there, even to third party cities like etrade and CNN.

CO_BBTechie
09-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Sounds like your browser is set to "blackberry" instead of "Internet" as you've referenced MDS. Check your browser options.

dhendriksen
09-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Sounds like your browser is set to "blackberry" instead of "Internet" as you've referenced MDS. Check your browser options.

It is set as "Internet Browser" and not "Blackberry Browser".

I did however change it to "Blackberry Browser" and it is now working flawlessly.

Thanks for pointing me to that setting.

CO_BBTechie
09-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah... that's the ticket! ;-)

dhendriksen
09-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah... that's the ticket! ;-)

Thanks a bunch. This was killing me.

kjjb0204
09-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Wirelessly posted

Just a btw, when I load a new os, I just make sure I'm connected to our corp network on my notebook via vpn when I do the upgrade. No pw needed to activate. My BES admin would not want me calling for a pw every time I wipe and reload or load a new os.